Social Media Case Study: Crazeal Lolympics
As the world was swept over by the London Olympics 2012, Groupon found an instant connect with the global sporting spectacle as the flavor for July. We decided not to make it sports centric with the obvious thought that we wanted to do something different from the routine conversations on Olympics. So to make it more engaging for our online community we thought of a satirical theme “Lolympics”.
When London Olympics 2012 was round the corner, we decided to take a humorous and quirky take on the Olympics, keeping our communication tone in tact. We created buzz using a series of contests and engaging content based on Olympics and the current stream of events. Content categories included graphics used on social media during this period and pure content around sport humor.The Doodles, The Jokes, The Mornings Posts, The Women’s Wednesday Contest, The Hashtags, and the Deal Olympics Contest, were all around the Lolympics theme; ensuring that the Gaming attitude of the brand and the customers was captured on the page.
1. Crazeal Doodles: The Crazeal doodles were the heart of the theme, where every day we talked about all the latest stuff in a quirky way.
2. Women’s Wednesday: Women form a very integral part of our online community. Women’s Wednesday is a weekly contest which Crazeal conducts on its social media pages, to engage and connect with Women. During the month even this contest had a LOLympics twist to it
3.#GamesIndiansPlay: On Twitter the #LOLympics theme extended with the hashtag campaign #GamesIndiansPlay. The campaign trended in India and garnered more than 1K mentions.
4. Deal-Olympics: We did a site based treasure hunt which was called “Deal Olympics” (Deal Hunt contest). A unique medal number was put on one of the daily deals which went live on the site. Users were asked to locate the deal with the medal on the site and mail the link of the deal. It was a daily contest with one lucky winner chosen on a daily basis, for 10 days.We got a tremendous response and during the Contest our Referral Traffic from Facebook increased by more than 30%! Here are a few Snapshots from the contest.
- The content created was relevant, engaging, a lot of fun, and got us a lot of traction in-terms of website traffic and conversions.
- Our Referral Traffic increased by more than 30% from the Facebook Page.
- The increase in engagement was witnessed by our surge in “Talking About us” which increased by over 50%.
Case Study submitted by Iffort