Social Media Case Study: Pepperfry’s Colors of Rainbow Contest
Social Samosa October 19, 2012
- To drive Organic Traffic to the website
- To celebrate the spirit of Monsoon
- To impress upon the people that there is a search by color option on the website which adds an extra dimension to the usability.
Strategy to Promote the Theme
- We wanted the contest to be promoted without Ads and grow organically, So we stopped our Fan building during the campaign to measure results.
- We stuck to the rainbow theme for the campaign and painted our pages One color of the rainbow each day.
We used the following means to reach out to fans with the message about the campaign:
- New Cover pic every day with one of the rainbow colors with a quote related to that color
- Tab icon of the app were changed everyday in sync with the Cover Pic
- Contest based posts
- Facts about the color of the day
- Post on what these Colors are called in diff languages
- Total Contest Entries in 7 days: 170
- Organic Fan Growth: 585 Fans
- Total Tab Views: 1,157
- Total Visits to Website via Facebook: 2,171
- Total Website Page Views: 12, 839
- Average Visit Duration: 10mins
- Bounce Rate experienced: 34.22%
- Total Conversions on the website during the campaign through Facebook Referral traffic: 332
Indian Social Media Knowledge Storehouse