As I do more often than not, scrolling through Instagram, I find myself arriving at @thefinelychopped, where Kalyan Karmakar builds a repertoire that makes me envy him, every single day!
Author, Columnist, Food Blogger, but most of all a hungry soul and the eater of everything. Kalyan Karmakar is just like us about many things, but there is one thing that he has, better than anything you and I do. A mind numbingly colourful, excruciatingly hunger inducing and cruelly delicious looking Instagram feed that, as I write this on a hungry stomach, makes me want to order everything and eat it too.
There are tons of food blogs and bloggers out there, but the one distinction that makes @thefinelychopped stand out is Kalyan Karmakar and his presentation and true love for food. Just as it would look in your plate, at home, within your reach, and not on a “gourmet platter” that you may have never experienced. These are 20 of the most tantalizing, and hard to cherry pick images from @thefinelychopped!
1. The simplest and the most satisfying meal there is.
2. I mean just look at those noodles
3. Sushi lovers, how does this look?
4. The texture of the roti and the gravy, and the colours are making me want to cry!
5. Singaporean Laksa looks incredible
6. My sweet tooth just developed a major ache for Gulab Jamun
7. I seafood like this, I eat it.
8. The love for cutting chai is burned into the hearts of every Mumbaikar
9. Chicken curry, some pulao and onion tomato salad. Fulfilling!
10. Bun/Brun Maska and Chai is every Sunday of my childhood
11. The breakfasts I began to adore when I grew up. I still revert back to my bun maska and chai days every now and then, but look at those waffles, capuccino and fruit platter. Amazing! The dollop of whipped cream is just ohhh….
12. Since we have discussed childhood and adulthood, here is the biggest part of my college days. The best chakna ever. Period.
13. Dosa and chicken curry. Utter bliss. I personally favour the Neer Dosa but this looks too delicious to pass up.
14. I don’t even need to say anything. It’s Jalebi <3
15. And this kulfi that makes me want to bite into it, completely ignoring the prospect of brainfreeze and toothache!
16. Makes me wish it was breakfast time.
17. Things were seeming just a little incomplete without CHAT!
18. There is never enugh chicken curry and rice. Never!
19. Haji Tikka, major part of my childhood stories about food.
20. The authenticity is too damn high
So, I’m just going to gobble the table lot of food that I ordered, hope you’re planning to do the same.