After the success of “What’s Happening In Vegas is Now Happening in Phoenix Marketcity” campaign, PMCK launched yet another campaign which is the first of its kind. This campaign planned by SoCheers is primarily targeted at the shoppers who believe they can embark on a successful modelling career. PMCK was on the hunt for fresh young faces that will amp up the glam quotient at the mall. Glam Icon 2014 is a twenty day contest being held at PMCK.
- Generate positive rub-off from urban young women with upscale lifestyle by presenting the mall in right context
- Drive premium imagery of/ for the mall and instill the brand recall
- To position PMCK as ‘The Mecca of Style’ among its Target audience
- Finalists & other participants should become the brand ambassadors of PMCK and spread awareness in the field of lifestyle, beauty & fashion.
- To enhance the brand stature & profile of the mall
- To portray that mall is organizing a fashion & style event on its 3rd Anniversary
- To be a complete call for action and drive audience & invitees to attend the event
- To position as the upscale & premium event in the city
- Excitement to witness such a high strata event should drive aspirational footfalls
- To incentivize shopping by creating differentiating experience in the mall
- To hunt for fresh faces of PMCK for the year 2014 with the help of best in the fashion and modelling industry like choreographer Shakir Shaik , Zulfi Syed, skin expert Dr. Ruby Tondon, hair expert Dr. Mohiuddin Makani. Also present were jurors Zulfi Sayed, Dipti Gujral, Amruta Patki, models Anchal Kumar, Alessia Raut. Style partner included FAD, fitness partner Sykz & beauty expert Bharat & Dorris.
- The execution of this campaign was carried out primarily through a microsite which would let the participants register for the “Glam Icon” event which included the voting process held on 10Th
- The participants also had the option of visiting the mall’s makeover lounge and getting a photograph clicked from the professional photographer at the venue.
- Top 60 participants shortlisted in the voting process moved on to the next round which would be held in PMCK itself.
- For PMCK’s online audience, they tied up with 10 Twitter influencers for the launch day of Glam Icon 2014. These influencers were chosen from different fields of interests, ensuring that they had wider reach to much more diverse audience which was a good move. These influencers were tweeting about #PhoenixGlamIcon, spreading the word for the next 4 days.
To engage their Twitter audiences, they ran a contest where followers were asked to Tweet a selfie displaying their style and fashion sense. Running the #PhoenixGlamIcon contest through influencers helped them get a strong and wider response to their contest.
Among all selfie entries, shortlisted pictures of a guy and a girl would win them a wild card entry to the Top 60, who will be participating in the contest to make it to the Top 20 for grooming and other training activities.
The contest #PhoenixGlamIcon trended in Mumbai for a good 5-6 hours, giving them the visibility this campaign required.
Influencer Marketing –
Reaching out to value-adding influencers for marketing your campaign is a brilliant way to get stay in the minds of potential customers. PMCK resorted to contacting influencers on Twitter, chosen from different fields of interests ensuring that they have a wider campaign reach. By putting influencer marketing into practice via this social media campaign, not only did PMCK achieve higher reach on social media platforms, but also managed reaching out to the ones who were not their fans originally. Also, when an influencer mentions a brand & its upcoming activity, their followers are bound to take a closer peek as to what’s in store for the rest. Influencers being looked at, as credible sources, qualifies PMCK’s marketing plan in reaching out to more number of people.
Online-Offline Connect With The Audience
Connecting with fans not just on social media platforms, but also on a real-time basis is a great way to foster brand-customer relationship in the long run. By proving their audience a much desirable platform, PMCK plans to help its customers kick-start their modeling career. By doing so, the participants will not only actively engage in the grooming and training activities but the brand but will also let their friends know about the exciting opportunity the mall is providing to its customers. Also the fact that PMCK will gratify the ultimate winner with a super exciting one year long shopping spree along with the models profile being managed by Smoke Studio, simply trickles down to the fact that PMCK has worked towards creating a positive customer sentiment in the hearts of many. This marketing strategy only creates a seamless brand presence by leaving behind a heart-winning customer experience.
Closing Thoughts –
Driving aspiring footfalls to a mall has always been the biggest challenge to any mall. It is very evident why malls invest huge sums of advertising budgets to outdoor advertising, email blasts, social media marketing and so on. Even the events undertaken in the mall are always well-planned by keeping ‘footfalls to the mall’ as their prime focus of concern. The reason why ‘Glam Icon’ holds to be a successful campaign is because it tactfully embarks on providing its fans the first of its kind platform to showcase their talent. In the coming days it will be exciting to witness people lining up to PMCK.