Fox Star Studios – India (The Wolverine)
With the release of the this summer’s biggest international blockbuster The Wolverine, Fox Star Studios – India & Thought Pot Media gave fans a chance to fight with their favorite Superhero in a unique, one of its kind, Twitter powered battle between The Wolverine and his enemies with I Am The Wolverine Twitter Battle!
With the release of the iconic international blockbuster The Wolverine, they needed to create a buzz over the social sphere, and at the same time engage the audience in a unique way by which they become part of the storyline.
The real time Twitter battle hosted on www.iamthewolverine.com gives fans the opportunity to ‘become’ one of the most iconic Marvel characters through their tweets. The battle consists of three rounds in which the Wolverine needs to defeat the deadly ninja, the venomous Viper and the toughest adversary Silver Samurai, respectively. The outcome of the battle was entirely in the hands of the fans, who had a chance to tweet as the Wolverine by using #IAmTheWolverine or against him by tweeting as his enemies.
The real-time design of the website showcased every fan tweet made within seconds on the website along with having a direct effect on the health of the characters, making fans realize that the outcome of the battle was completely in their hands and involving them in the story line of the upcoming film, The Wolverine.
Twitter Statistics and Achievements:
- Fans tweeted non-stop for 62 hours from 24th July 10am till 27th July Midnight (When the battle is over).
- #IAmTheWolverine trended continuously for 3 days nationally (India trends List).
- #IAmTheWolverine trended Worldwide on 26th July 2013.
- A massive 1471 unique twitter participated and tweeted.
- An astonishing 75,686 total number of tweets and retweets.
- Total number of tweets: 11178.
(3 days: 24th July – 27th July 2013)
- 10,172 Visits on the site in the matter of 3 days.
- 8019 Unique visitors.
- 21,024 page views in 3 days; completely organic!
- With a user spending an average of 5 minutes 15 seconds on the website.
- Mobile Device of choice – Apple iPhone with 501 visits.
The site hosted a Worldwide Audience with a minimum of a single visit from 68 countries. The top 3 countries excluding India being:
- United States – 488
- Pakistan – 196
- United Kingdom – 132