- To create an interactive showcase of Portico New York’s range of pillows.
- To generate curiosity for the extensive range of pillows in Portico New York’s product portfolio.
Participants were asked to relive the childhood joy of pillow fighting by playing The Great Indian Pillow Fight with their friends on Facebook.
A virtual platform was created on Facebook to indulge fans in their favourite childhood game and at the same time, showcase Portico New York’s pillows.
- A great amount of buzz was created around India’s first virtual pillow fight.
- A simple application was created that allowed people to pick a friend and a pillow as their weapon of choice to whack their opponent.
- An intense spirit of competition was created among participants by involving prizes with high stakes.
- A leader board was formed which enabled fans to come back and improve their score every day.
- The champions of the Great Pillow Fight were showcased well.
Top 10 scores of the day were showcased, daily prizes were given and the competition was further intensified.
- Top 3 winners were given Portico New York hampers as prizes in the first week.
- The stakes were raised from week 2 onwards – with bigger and better prizes.
- Top 3 daily winners got Flipkart vouchers.
- Top 3 winners of the contest were given a CanonShot camera, a Sony Xperia U and a Sony PS3.
- India’s first mass Pillow Fight was organised at Sophia College, Mumbai, as part of their annual cultural festival, Kaleidoscope.
- The event was captured on video and promoted on Facebook and YouTube.
- The on-ground activity was promoted on Facebook with the help of update pictures.
A Twitter contest was created where people were asked to tag the friend they want to have a pillow fight with using #PillowFightDay, leading to a very popular contest as was observed by the fact that it trended in India.
Facebook App Campaign Results:
- 1,204 users registered on the app, and the game was played on an overall basis of 6,313 times with each user playing it 5 times at an average.
- 18,104 fans were gained within a month, with the fan growth rate increasing by 33%.
- Average post: LIKES: 177, COMMENTS: 20, SHARES: 11
- Average Pillow Fight Tab views: 80
Twitter Hashtag Contest Results:
- Tweets Received: 770.
- Users Reached: Approximately 34,02,649.
- Followers increase: 105.
- Trended in India.
YouTube Campaign Results:
- 67,198 views till date.
- People who have requested to start a pillow fight in their colleges/housing societies – 70 so far.