Case Study: #LoveIsInTheHair
Client: Schwarzkopf Professional
Agency: Netbiz Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Schwarzkopf Professional is a brand that redefines style. Keeping in view the Valentine season, the brand wanted to launch a campaign that inspires people to don a stylish look this Valentine’s Day.As “Love is in the Air” is too mainstream, we came up with a campaign called #LoveIsInTheHairfor our client – Schwarzkopf Professional for Valentine’s Day.The secondary motive was to promote passion for hair amongst the target audience of Schwarzkopf Professional.
- To engage with users and subtly create a strong brand presence online
- By tapping love and style together for maximum engagement
- To reach a large number of target audience through tagging in the comments
Overview of the #LoveIsInTheHair Campaign:
Through this campaign, the brand aimed at providing a platform to our Facebook and Twitter users to be a cupid for their loved ones by suggesting them a look from the album. All they had to do was to tag their loved ones in the comments using the hashtag #LoveIsInTheHair for Valentine’s Day with their suggestion. Further, they were asked to encourage their friends to suggest a look to 2 more to create a style chain.
- The team had only 5 working days’ time to plan and execute the campaign successfully.
- To encourage the end users to share a style statement &create a style chain only through organic posts, to increase the page reach.
- This campaign was promoted on Facebook and Twitter pages from February 9 to 14, 2016. As a build-up, buzz was created about the contest through pre-contest posts.
These pre-hype posts were complemented with posts promoting the styling product range of Schwarzkopf Professional for Valentine’s Day to sustain the contest buzz.
- The campaign was officially launched with a change in the cover picture of the Facebook page.
- The contest was launched with a post promoting different looks.
- Visually appealing posts were created to promote the contest and engage with the users.
- By promoting different hairstyles through animated images for valentine, the brand tried to woo online users to visit the salon to get that look.
- The campaign opened up opportunities to interact with the followers and also reach out to their tagged friends.
- The users got an opportunity to win Schwarzkopf Professional Haircare kit as a gift hamper.
- The campaign turned out to be an interacting activity around love and style, engaging a good number of end users.
- The brand generated 2.3X followers in 5 days on Facebook and Twitter combined.
- The total reach on Facebook increased by 25% of our Indian followers and Tweet impressions went 8X up.