With Parental Controls, Likee aims to enable guardians to customise content exposure for their children who are present on the application.
Likee, a short video creation platform from Singapore based BIGO Technology, announced the launch of Parental Controls feature in the app, across mobile platforms. This move will enable parents to apply relevant controls to filter content for underage teen Likee users.
As Likee is experiencing massive growth in India, the platform has developed a sharp focus to provide relevant and positive content to its audience and promote a safe user experience, especially for the underage teens. This move, coupled with Likee’s push to promote positive content by creating relevant virtual events (#IAMINDIAN) will enable the platform to emerge as the most significant positive media-centric social media app.
With the new controls, parents will be able to:
- Block live-streaming videos and news pushing.
- Block viewing of profiles and subscription of users located nearby.
- Users who have turned on the Parental Controls mode will not be searched by others.
- Block incoming and outgoing messages.
- Block pop-up messages so as not to attract the attention of the child.
- Limit the purchase of the application’s internal currency — diamonds and beans.
The complete process of applying and disabling parental controls is protected by a password, which is required to be changed every seven days to ensure complete safety. Once enabled, Parental Controls will allow the user to explore and upload restricted content. The controls will alter user experience within each section available in the app.