If you are crazy about donuts and movies then the Zombie Keel-er campaign by Mad Over Donuts which is underway online till 31st May is something you should try.
The campaign has been designed to give an online boost to Go Goa Gone’s cool tie up with Mad Over Donuts with a Zoombie Keel-er Donut! Besides that Mad Over Donuts has also created an exclusive donut for their donut lovers.
A flash game has been developed to promote the concept of killing Zombies (like in the movie Go Goa Gone) & the character eats Zombie Keel-er donuts to boost his health & Keel Dead Peepal in true Bollywood style.
Here are different ways in which you can participate or take a look at what’s happening with the campaign:
1. Zombie Keel-er game: Zombie Keel-er donuts to boost your health & Keel Dead Peepal in true movie style till 31st May
2. Zombie Keel-er Exchange Offer: You can exchange your movie ticket (Go Goa Gone) for a free Zombie Keel-er donut.
3. Game Winners: Participate and get featured among the winners of the contest or log on and see whose hobnobbing with the Go Goa Gone stars.
4. Meet The Stars: Participate and you could be among Facebook & Twitter winners chosen to meet the stars of Go Goa Gone – Kunal Khemu, Anand Tiwari & Pooja Gupta. (Mad Over Donuts store at Reclamation). 3 weekly winners win a box of 6 donuts and a Go Goa Gone music CD. The contest starts on the 10th May and runs till 31st May
5. Meet the stars contest on Facebook & Twitter #KhooniMonday (the winners met the stars of Go Goa Gone)
Both Mad Over Donuts and ‘Go Goa Gone’ share the same target group (read young, restless and adventurous) and thus, associating with this movie is a good idea for promotion. As the film has just released and people are curious about it creating a donut about this mad whacky film is a good strategy.
Participation is simple and enjoyable with the flash game and promotion on Facebook and Twitter simultaneously has helped grab attention for the endeavor. The leader board keeps people motivated. Navigation with the dedicated Facebook app is smooth.
The campaign gets the thumbs up for integrating a number of contests across social networks like Facebook and Twitter. The offline edge is there mainly with the opportunity to meet the film stars. However, the offline twist can be found in the game with its look, feel, weapons and even the character resembling Saif Ali Khan being in sync with the movie. A player has to target the head of the Zombie in order to kill it, just like the movie.
You can play again and again to improve your score, a motivator in one way. The ability to share on Facebook and Twitter gives the campaign the potential to go viral.
The contest has worked towards promoting Mad Over Donuts but somehow the stars of Go Goa Gone emerge stronger than the special donut. Everyone who participates is somehow looking for a chance to meet them right? After all everyone can buy a donut but getting to meet the stars is quite another ball game.
Playing the game again and again while having the potential to motivate people to improve their scores could also classify as addictive.
All in all with the Zombie Keel-er campaign both “Mad Over Donuts” and ‘Go Goa Gone’ have forged a “cool” connection. The campaign is in line with their strategy: to emerge as mad, whacky brands.