Avon India in the past was interacting with its fan base through varied engaging Facebook campaigns, which have a follower base of approx. 9,379,081 likes on its page. But it was time to discover and reach out to their followers through other Digital spaces, that’s when AVON ideated Twitter launch with @AvonIndia.
An idea was born and ways to execute it were simple! The motive was to establish presence slowly by participating in conversations with the tweepers, leading the conversation and gradually lead the space. Avon India was verified on Twitter within a minute, followed by shout-outs from giant fashion bloggers. Post 2 hours of the launch, the first Twitter contest kick started Avon’s Twitter revolution which was soon to be seen.
A contest #YouMakeItBeautiful, where tweepers had to tell one thing that makes them beautiful was initiated by the brand. By the end of the day Avon India was up with 142,930 impressions alone and the contest had 138,226. The launch day was followed by new contest themes for consecutive days (#PoutTuesdays, #WardrobeWednesdays, #ThirstyThursdays, ##FridayNightFever, #ManicureMondays, #TwistyTuesdays)
The results were evident enough to be seen. Key highlights were:
- With over 6500+ conversations [email protected] Twitter in a span of one week, we have managed to reach over 600 followers on Twitter
- The very first day of [email protected]#YouMakeItBeautiful trended in India for 3 hours
- Overall impressions for the week [email protected] handle were 220,000+ & cumulative impression for our hashtags of over 650,000+
- With 600 followers on Twiter, Avon became the fastest growing brand for the week (social bakers)
- The brand received 1400 + retweets in a span of 8 days (Twitter analytics)