Online Retail Stores Report by Explic8
This report is a analysis of consumer voices related to some of the Online Retail Stores in India and the key topics & issues surrounding them.
Currently there are over 20 brands, in this industry. For the purpose of this report we have included data & analysis for the below 8 brands:
- Flipkart is the most talked about brand among the 8
- Shipping & Packaging affects most consumers and represent 8% of the overall mentions i.e. more than 20,000 mentions
- Twitter is the most popular channel for Online Retail Stores’ discussions
- Men above 30 constitute the majority of the authors
- Flipkart, Snapdeal & Homeshop18 constitute more than ¾ of the overall conversations.
- Twitter & Social Networking generate most conversations for online retail stores.
- Men seem to shop more often than woman online. Except in the case of Fashion and You where women constituted 59% of their overall mentions.
- 30+ are the most active age group and spend more time discussing & buying from these sites.
- Maharashtra State tops the list with 2 cities in the top 5 list – Mumbai and Pune, comprising 34% of overall mentions.
- Bangalore, Delhi & Chennai are the others in the top 5 list.
- Google Groups takes the first position among forums source type.
- Technical Forums like thinkdigit.com, broadforum.in & gstek.info feature in the top 5 list. This shows that consumers discuss electronic products more than other categories.
- Shipping & Packaging conversations affect most consumers today. The reason why Flipkart has it’s own courier service. Sales & Pricing related mentions are a distant 2nd and 3rd.
- Letsbuy.com has been mentioned with Flipkart due to the recent acquisition of the former. Other notable brands were Amazon, Snapdeal & Homeshop 18.
- Blackberry is the most mentioned product brand along with Flipkart with conversations around their range of blackberry phone models. Samsung is a close second for it’s much popular galaxy series of phones and tabs.
- 3,104 tweets were generated in response to Forbes India cover story – Can Flipkart Deliver?
- 200 consumers voiced their opinion on twitter when Flipkart increased their slab for free shipment. Majority of these posts were negative.
- 300 the no. of times Flipkart funding news was shared on the web