A Facebook application was developed as a part of the Online activity for Master Chef. The campaign reached out to more than 6000 participants.
- To create a buzz about Master Chef India Season 2 before the launch of the show
- To viral out the message of the show- “Ab Badlo India, Apne “Khaane” ka Andaaz”
- To generate brand recall on the Master Chef India 2 tagline – “Catch It If You Can”
- To reach offline users with minimal cost
- To reach out to more women audience So what was the challenge?
- The most daunting task was to live up to the hype and success of the Masterchef India Season
- Being a cookery show, Master Chef India 2 would appeal to a majority of women audience, mostly housewives
- A large chunk of this audience would be active online as well as offline
- The challenge was to find the right audience in the right place and catch their attention with a right engagement
- The engagement should in turn get users who are not on the digital platform to come on to digital
- With a huge fan base on Star Plus Facebook Page, this digital audience needed separate attention
1. Online Activity- With more than 6 Lac fans on their page, Star Plus had an exceptional reach to engage the audience and create a buzz about Master Chef India. The Online activity was an appealing game based on the theme of the show, wherein the audience is required to prepare a dish with the help of ingredients providedd. This activity would become the foundation of creating a brand recall for – Catch It If You Can
2. On ground Activity-The right way to target niche audience was to organize an on ground activityo It was decided that 17 malls across 6 cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Kanpur, Pune and Lucknow would serve as target zoneso This on ground activity would be coupled with digital medium
3. Developing a Facebook application-This application was a game, based on the theme catch it if you cano The users played to prepare a dish with a twist by catching the right ingredients. Users were provided with 8 dishes along The users would have to catch the right Once the user catches the ingredients, with their recipes ingredients to cook one of the eight dishes he hits the cook button. Once the user successfully cooks a dish, a 20 lucky winners were gratified with MCI goodies question would pop up
With over 3 million users and 10,000 participants and thousands of conversations adequate buzz was created. With this application the cost incurred was comparatively much lower and the results were proportionally higher than what one would get in a real world engagement. For instance, the idea of creating dishes in an on ground activity would have required preparation of ingredients, arrangement of apparatus and most probably a larger space and cost. Brand recall on the tagline – Catch it if you can – was generated by creating a theme based Facebook app.