Donut Day 2012 : How Mad Over Donuts handled online queries & kept their fans/followers engaging.
Case Study Submitted by Gozoop
- Facebook Banner Creative- Created a buzz before Donut Day. Fans had started asking about the celebrations.
- Facebook Promotion – Before Donut Day Excitement among fans. Tagged peers to make them aware about ‘Mad Over Donuts’ Donut Day.Tags Engagement Likes
- Word cloud – Comments Comments before Donut Day (Promotional Post) ‘Wow’ ‘Treat’ ‘Coming’ ‘15th June’ ‘Awesome‘ ‘Donut for Rs. 25’ ‘Best thing heard’…
- Donut Day – Promotional Post Donut day promotional post went viral among Facebook fans with 500+ likes & 177 shares.
- Live updates (posts) – Live updates from Mad Over Donuts stores were shared among Facebook fans. – 11 posts on donut day (content posting strategy). – Fans had started tagging these images.Tags Engagement Likes
- Tweeps tweeted about the crowd at Mad Over Donuts stores.
- Shared donut images.
- #modDonutDay was promoted while interactions.
- Users had tweeted MOD Donut Day as a success.
- Tweets with hashtag #modDonutDay
- TweetCloud for MadOverDonutsTop five words: RT, donuts, donut, day, #moddonutday
Social Media Case Study : Mad Over Donuts
View more presentations from SocialSamosa.com
- Multiple content posting strategy including live store images, post updates, etc.
- Also, fan base count has been on the rise before and after Donut Day.
- Prompt and satisfactory replies to customers who had trouble getting Donuts onDonut Day has just taken Mad Over Donuts as a brand to higher levels with lots ofsatisfied customers and fans on Facebook.
- Facebook users reach was nearly 70% of the current fan base on Donut Day.
- 4 Top cities who had reached the most were Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune & New Delhi.
- 4x times the daily page views on Facebook.Viral reach was 3x times in comparison to the daily reach.
- Post donut day experiences were shared on Facebook as well as on Twitter.
- The total tweet count for Donut Day was 158. This includes replies and re-tweets.
- Nearly 41% of these tweets were replies to our followers regarding the event.
- 49% of these tweets were re-tweeted.
- #modDonutDay was used as the primary hashtag for all tweets from the Mad OverDonuts handle as well as by our followers.
- Also, our follower count has been on the rise before and after Donut Day.
- Mad Over Donuts is now an established well known brand.
- Brand awareness has increased as compared to last year’s Donut Day.
- The event went viral on Facebook & Twitter.
- Fans/followers are now aware of ‘Mad Over Donuts’ Donut Day celebrations.
- Social media has emerged as a boon to the brand in terms of replying & communication with the brand patrons.
- Queries were addressed with prompt responses.
- Positive feedback from the brand followers.
You may also like:
Facebook enables Safe Check-In for Chennaites marooned in floods
Twitter introduces labeling feature for automated accounts
Facebook launches Paid Online Events
Snapchat to introduce behavioural targetting for ads
Surf Excel Pakistan produces another creative gem with #NekiEkIbadat
Social Media Campaigns Round Up: Ft Durex, Red Bull, Idea & more