Donut Day 2012 : How Mad Over Donuts handled online queries & kept their fans/followers engaging.
Case Study Submitted by Gozoop
- Facebook Banner Creative- Created a buzz before Donut Day. Fans had started asking about the celebrations.
- Facebook Promotion – Before Donut Day Excitement among fans. Tagged peers to make them aware about ‘Mad Over Donuts’ Donut Day.Tags Engagement Likes
- Word cloud – Comments Comments before Donut Day (Promotional Post) ‘Wow’ ‘Treat’ ‘Coming’ ‘15th June’ ‘Awesome‘ ‘Donut for Rs. 25’ ‘Best thing heard’…
- Donut Day – Promotional Post Donut day promotional post went viral among Facebook fans with 500+ likes & 177 shares.
- Live updates (posts) – Live updates from Mad Over Donuts stores were shared among Facebook fans. – 11 posts on donut day (content posting strategy). – Fans had started tagging these images.Tags Engagement Likes
- Tweeps tweeted about the crowd at Mad Over Donuts stores.
- Shared donut images.
- #modDonutDay was promoted while interactions.
- Users had tweeted MOD Donut Day as a success.
- Tweets with hashtag #modDonutDay
- TweetCloud for MadOverDonutsTop five words: RT, donuts, donut, day, #moddonutday
Social Media Case Study : Mad Over Donuts
View more presentations from SocialSamosa.com
- Multiple content posting strategy including live store images, post updates, etc.
- Also, fan base count has been on the rise before and after Donut Day.
- Prompt and satisfactory replies to customers who had trouble getting Donuts onDonut Day has just taken Mad Over Donuts as a brand to higher levels with lots ofsatisfied customers and fans on Facebook.
- Facebook users reach was nearly 70% of the current fan base on Donut Day.
- 4 Top cities who had reached the most were Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune & New Delhi.
- 4x times the daily page views on Facebook.Viral reach was 3x times in comparison to the daily reach.
- Post donut day experiences were shared on Facebook as well as on Twitter.
- The total tweet count for Donut Day was 158. This includes replies and re-tweets.
- Nearly 41% of these tweets were replies to our followers regarding the event.
- 49% of these tweets were re-tweeted.
- #modDonutDay was used as the primary hashtag for all tweets from the Mad OverDonuts handle as well as by our followers.
- Also, our follower count has been on the rise before and after Donut Day.
- Mad Over Donuts is now an established well known brand.
- Brand awareness has increased as compared to last year’s Donut Day.
- The event went viral on Facebook & Twitter.
- Fans/followers are now aware of ‘Mad Over Donuts’ Donut Day celebrations.
- Social media has emerged as a boon to the brand in terms of replying & communication with the brand patrons.
- Queries were addressed with prompt responses.
- Positive feedback from the brand followers.
You may also like:
Evolution of a dislike currency?
Facebook conducting surveys to decide relevance of posts
Instagram introduces Bookmark to save posts for later
Indians offended once again when Katy Perry posted a picture of Kaali Maa
20 Pakalu Papito tweets that will make you yell 'SAME!'
How to select the perfect ORM tool ?