Retailers Association of India
RAI approached Social Squared on Jan 10, 2013 to manage the social media activities & create awareness about RLS 2013 & engage delegates & the community through a vibrant online presence.
- Daily update talking about ‘innovation in retail’ – the event’s theme
- Daily update on various speakers for the event & what to expect
- A tactical update talking about what a retailer ought to do
- Encouraging participation in the pre-event online quiz contests
- Updates on event highlights & the valued sponsors
- Updates about the in-event contests & curation of images
- Capture & upload images of the entire event
- Designed the Twitter profile. Used for instant interactions pre & during event.
- The best entries for #ifwomendontshop were awarded gift vouchers
- The best entries for #menwillshopif were awarded gift vouchers
- The hash tag #rls2013 was trending in Mumbai on Feb 7 & 8
- The hash tag #FDIinRetail was trending in Mumbai on Feb 8
- RAI LinkedIn presence was managed, timely updates about the event
- RAI YouTube videos were shared on other platforms
- The event presentations shared in real time, apt knowledge management
- The RAI blog was updated with session summaries
The objectives of awareness & participation were met.
- Delegates who were active on social media and helped spread the word about the event beyond the venue were rewarded
- Online contests helped to increase awareness beyond the realmof delegates (RAI even got job inquiries on Facebook!)
- Sponsors & partners have been provided with additional exposure (on social media) making their investment effective
- RAI now has a growing engagement across all platforms