About Sony Max’s integrated campaign for Jab Tak Hai Jaan’s Television Premier
Sony Max recently integrated tweets from its viewers during the premiere of the movie ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ on the channel to engage with its audience and create a first-of-its-kind live interactive movie premiere. The objective was to increase the interface between the viewers and the channel. Fans were able to tweet their comments to @SonyMAX with #JTHJonMAX during the premier and the most interesting ones appeared on air during the telecast of the movie. This helped engage the consumers further and enhanced movie viewing experience.
— My Life Thhuks ! (@The_Teufel) June 2, 2013
The channel had also partnered with Twitter India.
— Twitter India (@twi) June 2, 2013
“While people use our platform for many things in India – hearing the latest news, connecting in real time with cricket stars, laughing at the day’s best jokes, and more – following and tweeting about television broadcasts is especially popular. We are pleased to see Sony MAX recognising and amplifying Twitter as a second screen for television.”
Interview with Vaishali Sharma, Head of Marketing Sony MAX
How was the response from your social media channels for Jab Tak Hai Jaan’s Television Premier ? Given the complexity of this multi-screen campaign, how did you analyze the ROI?
Sony MAX received more than 2800 tweets during the movie airing. Our fans grew from 78300k users to 79800 (1500 fans added to SonyMAX handle) in a matter of few hours. Uday chopra tweeted at 1:15pm and his tweet was retweeted by 132 users and his tweet reached more than 8.21lac users. The hashtag was trending on twitter in India and Mumbai and its reach was 54.84lacs
— Trendsmap Mumbai (@TrendsMumbai) June 2, 2013
— Uday Chopra (@udaychopra) June 2, 2013
How have you been benefited by integrating Traditional and Digital media?
Traditional media can be enhanced by digital. Both online as well offline mediums complement each other. TV and Print have more reach on an other hand the digital media is highly targeted and dynamic.You can interact with your audience on Social media and listen to what they have to say.
Thanks to a number of connected devices and fragmented users, do you look forward to experiment more such multi-screen offerings?
At Sony MAX, we believe in experimenting to reach out to our audiences and it has always been well received. With Jab Tak Hai Jaan it was the first time we integrated live tweets into a television premier. Today’s generation is enthusiastic about multi-screen offerings and it is our endeavour to provide innovative experience/ options to our viewers. We look forward to more innovations to engage better with our viewers .
There is a drastic shift to Mobile devices. Does Sony Max have a mobile strategy in place?
Mobile is the future and we certainly believe and back the notion, we had specially designed an app for IPL- Jumping Jhapak which was only available on the play store. We were overwhelmed with the response the app got and in the future we are looking at expanding to other platforms. For movies we will be working on apps for specific movies being premièred on Sony MAX.
Your Youtube channel has many subscribers. Do create exclusive content for YouTube apart from the television clippings?
Currently we do not create exclusive content for our YouTube subscribers. The content on Youtube is the same as what we have on television. In the future we will probably look at creating exclusive content for our YouTube subscribers.
How does gamification work for your brand?
The Rowdy Rathore game on our Facebook page worked very well. We have done it with big premiers like Ek Tha tiger too. We gratified the winners with iPhone 5.
What percentage of your marketing budget is allocated to social Media?
A significant percentage of budget is allocated to Social and Digital Media. Social technology does require a significant investment I am that it will increase with time.
- Consistently Marketing your brand with a perfect mix of traditional media and new media gives you an enhanced results.
- Traditional media can be enhanced for digital. Both online as well offline mediums complement each other. TV and Print have more reach on an other hand the digital media is highly targeted. It is dynamic.You can interact with your audience on Social media and listen to what they have to say.
- Jab Tak hai Jaan’s integrated campaign helped engage the consumers further and enhanced movie viewing experience.
- Today’s generation is enthusiastic about multi-screen offerings.
- Social technology does require a significant investment and it will increase with time.
- Interview With Sachin Rao, Country SMB Manager of Facebook India
- [Interview] Karlijn Vogel-Meijer, Manager Social Media – KLM, On Brand’s Social Media Strategy
- [Interview] Amit Syngle, Asian Paints sheds light on influencer marketing
- [Interview] LK Gupta sheds light on CarDekho’s social initiatives
- [Interview] Ashish Goel, Urban Ladder on influencer marketing in décor space
- [Interview] Rubeena Singh, Moneycontrol on social media marketing for publishers