Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai
- To create maximum visibility to let tweeps know that they are celebrating a milestone – Their 30th Anniversary.
- To educate tweeps about Courtyard by Marriott, especially the one based in Mumbai, along with keeping them entertained.
#Courtyard30 was used as the hashtag to promote them. The campaign was divided into two parts.
- The #Courtyard30 birthday announcement.
- The #Courtyard30 contest.
The #Courtyard30 birthday announcement
- They searched through their follower list to see if anyone shared the same date of birth. If someone did, they wished them via a tweet and talked about the amazing co-incidence. They wished only 2-3 tweeps/tweeps family members in the beginning.
- They then said that @CourtyardMumbai has a special surprise for all tweeps who share the same birthday with them. This helped create a small buzz.
- Tweeps then started pointing out that if they had a friend or a family member who shared the same date of birth to find out what the surprise was.
- They wished their friends and family members before the brand tweeted about the surprise. The surprise was a ‘Coffee & Cookies’ treat for the tweeps and their friends who shared their Birthday with them. This got retweets as well.
- Tweeps who shared the same birthday were really happy, and there were six tweeps expressed an interest to go over to MoMo Café for the ‘Coffee & Cookies’ treat. There was a conversation that started between them and tweeps who did not share their birthday with us as well. Soon there was an inflow of birthday wishes from various tweeps (for @CourtyardMumbai). The hashtag #Courtyard30 was used in all the tweets.
The #Courtyard30 contest
- On the same day they rolled out a contest titled #Courtyard30, with the winners receiving dinner vouchers. The aim was to educate people about Courtyard by Marriott, particularly the Mumbai edition. Hence, questions about the first Courtyard by Marriott’s opening, the number of rooms the hotel has, the names of their restaurants, the price of the breakfast were asked. Answers had to use the hashtag #Courtyard30.
- Due to active participation this hashtag became a trending topic in Mumbai, as well as in India, going so far as to trend in other cities as well.
- Considerable increase in our website traffic was noticed, as participants had to navigate through our website for answers.
- Approximately 1,37,000 people would have seen the hashtag #Courtyard30 until it became a trending topic.
- Vital information like breakfast prices, banquet hall info etc. had been broadcast to a large audience.
Social Media Case Study: How Courtyard By Marriott Uses Twitter to Educate People about it’s 30th Anniversary from SocialSamosa.com
You may also like:
Quikr creates positive sentiment with #MyFirstOnTwitter
KFC and McDonald’s the #UnlikelyFriends of socialverse
#FilmiGaaneAntakshari popularizes Shemaroo's new app
[Case Study] HE Deodorant's #LOIM2016 stirs social media
5 successful Facebook case studies to learn from
World Qtiyapa Day: How TVF's content IP created an organic reach of 20mn