Who are we?
Voterite is a peer to peer influence platform that enables 2 way engagement between citizens and the political leaders. Voterite empowers citizens to collectively join hands and make a difference in their community (whether it is electing the right leaders or resolving their community issues in the most democratic way via Social Media). Voterite is all about bridging the gap and bringing in a sense of accountability.
Voterite was launched on November 14, and as a part of the first phase of our journey, Voterite rolled out its election engagement capabilities by providing a unique peer to peer campaigning platform to influence the upcoming elections.
The Voterite team is based out of Bangalore, India, and New Jersey, USA.
Vikram Nalagampalli: Founder and CEO of Voterite is a returning NRI with over a decade of leadership experience across Corporate America.
Whom do we cater to?
- Engage with elected leaders within a citizen’s constituency.
- Discover voter friends and elections one can influence across India.
- Peer-Peer Campaign for right candidate or party.
Candidates & Parties:
- Why Vote Profiles for candidates and parties.
- Connect,and engage with voters within their constituency through their peers.
- Social analytics and voter sentiment analysis across social media.
What do we offer to our consumers?
- Voterite will be a platform for citizens to join hands and solve their problems in the most democratic way possible.
- Additionally, Voterite will be a platform to discover the elections, the candidates involved and their background, whether contesting or elected.
- It will provide a platform to campaign and influence their friends to elect the the right party or candidate.
- Rate and weigh the candidates based on the actions taken.
What motivated us to start up?
Better India needs Better Leaders and Voterite’s vision is to fix the problem at the grass root level, which can only happen by empowering citizens. Hence we start with the first phase of our journey to provide a platform where citizens can influence the elections through peer-peer campaigning. 2014 is thus a mere beginning to a very important milestone within the political landscape.
For the first time in India, the educated youth can alter the result in over 170 MP constituencies. Voterite is an attempt to talk the language of this youth leveraging social media and influence them to take active part in re-defnining the way leaders are elected.
2. Phase 2 (April Launch):
Even the great leaders need certain inputs with which to measure themselves. Voterite will be a platform that enables 2 way engagement between constituents and elected candidates and provide a means for Citizens to join hands and resolve their problems in the most efficient manner.
What’s in a name?
Voterite, just like it sounds, fulfills the vision of the project to provide a platform that bridges the gap in any democracy, particularly the Indian democracy to start with.
- Vote for the right candidate or Party.
- Demand your Right as a citizen.
How do we see Social Media?
Social media is India is growing at an exponential rate and it is predicted that India will have the world’s largest social media users by 2018. The political landscape is also changing in India for good with India being the youngest nation in the world by 2018. Voterite is a platform for citizen engagement and is targeted to become India’s largest citizen engagement portal that connects citizens with both the people who are elected candidates as well as candidates who have been nominated for government bodies.
Currently we are….
Voterite since its launch on November 14 has crossed over 14,000 registered users across India. Voterite was put to test during the Delhi elections on November 20 and within 10 days of its launch, 1,650 campaigners were campaigning for 3 political parties and have reached out to 78,000 voters in Delhi.
Our biggest challenge was..
- Connecting the gaps across the four social networking sites.
- Connecting and compiling information pertaining to 48,000 candidates and 4,663 constituencies.
- Connecting the offices of all the elected bodies and nominated bureaucrats across India.
We want to dominate the world by..
Voterite’s vision is to make this world a better place by collectively joining hands and provide constructive feedback to elected bodies to solve the most common problems that every citizen should have been otherwise entitled to.
We’re making moolah by…
Voterite revenues will be providing analytics around voter sentiment and voter engagement to the media and the political parties. Additionally Voterite plans to have targeted ads in the future.
The Industry as we foresee
The Indian Social Media industry is at the very beginning of an explosive growth. Social media has seen a paradigm shift and will continue to be that way, enabling people make better decisions whether by peer influence or exposure to what is happening around.
Lastly, are you hiring?
We are very actively hiring and looking for talent to come join hands in playing an active role in fixing the democracy.