- Clarks India needed an out-of-the-box Twitter activation campaign. The campaign had to be organic as well as possess viral capabilities.
- The campaign was to be directed at a target group consisting of the 20-35 year old urban youth, and Twitter as a platform lends itself beautifully to this busy lot.
- For this campaign, it wouldn’t suffice to simply ask the audience to engage. The campaign needed to tickle their wit and challenge them at an intellectual level.
- Pre-campaign buzz through Facebook, Twitter and Mailers.
- Appropriate Hashtag was used to catch attention.
- Participation was encouraged by building audience contact and personalized responses.
- Winners were identified, the awards were announced and there was continued offline engagement.
In 5 hours the result was :
- 281 Followers – 758 Brand Mentions
- 1,765 Hashtag mentions – Top Trend for 6 hours
- A Million Impressions – Incalculable Branding
Social Media Case Study: How Clarks Trended on Twitter with its #ifshoescouldtalk Campaign from SocialSamosa.com
You may also like:
Social Media Campaigns Round Up ft Christmas Campaigns, Solar Eclipse posts, and more
Social Media News Round-Up: Google AR Filters, #FacebookDown, and more
Here's How An Insurance Brand Took The Humour Route To Trend #StandUpOnTwitter
Case Study: How KFC used drone to popularize their new Smoky Grilled wings
Amazon India launches second leg of Apno Ka Saath
Twitter updates Political Ad Policy following global ban