When AirAsiaGo mandated us to drive traffic into its fast growing travel portal, we decided to rejuvenate their newly launched India’s FB page to help drive traffic. We wanted to make buzz with an activity that engages potential customers. A promotion idea is obvious, but it had to be fun for people to participate in it! Further, it had to also capture and showcase the several features offered by the main portal.
Faced with this tactical objective, our team of programmers and digital strategists made a quirky Facebook Slot machine. This slot machine titled ‘Happy-Go-Lucky’ works similar to a real life slot machine, but with a twist.
The challenge is to play the slot machine and hit the right combination of flight, hotel and activity. To make this application more engaging, the slot machine throws in comments to keep the user clicking on the lever, until he gets the combination right. On getting the combination right, user gets a chance to be part of the lucky draw.
Here is how the app works:
The user gets a chance to play the game after ‘liking’ the AirAsiaGo page.
The slot machine throws up comments to encourage the user to click on the lever until he gets the combination right.
And this is the right combination.
And after filling the details here, user enters the lucky draw.
Here is how we promoted it.
We were prompt to reply on every query.
– We got insights of over 50,000 users in just three days
– The traction on AirAsiaGo website through social media page was over 30,000 in first three days.
– Over 6000 people have played Happy-Go-Lucky game
– The total engagement on page reached about 20,000ss='yarpp-related'>
- Social Media Case Study: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport goes social
- Social Media Case Study : Star Plus Master Chef
- Social Media Case Study: Kaipo Che by Rajdhani
- Social Media Case Study: Skydive Aamby Valley
- Social Media Case Study: How IndiGo’s #6EConnection Campaign Delighted Lovers on Valentine’s Day
- Agency Spotlight: Eccentric Engine Case Study – How American Tourister Generated 8m Impressions Leveraging Bollywood