As we gear up to ring in the New Year, let’s pause for a moment and rewind to remember the popular videos of YouTube that enthralled and entertained each one of us throughout the year.
2015 was all-and-all about comedy. YouTube Rewind in India highlights how Indians have a growing appetite for lighthearted videos, and comedy is what they tune into.
This is evident as 5 out of top 10 most viewed videos on YouTube were comedy. Grabbing the first spot is the amusing comic music video by AIB: Every Bollywood Party Song feat. Irrfan which redefined comedy and gave the video a very refreshing twist. AIBs : Honest Indian Weddings (Part 1), PK movie Spoof , TVF’s Barely Speaking with Arnub | Arvind Kejriwal are amongst the other top trending comedy videos which were placed in the list of top 10.
Interestingly Indians also turn to YouTube to watch episodes of popular TV shows such as Chhota Bheem – aur – Krishna Jodi No. #1, Crime Patrol – Sting Operation 3 , Sujoy Ghosh’s Epic Thriller ‘Ahalya’, Kapil Sharma rocks in Star Guild Award with his anchoring, and Splitsvilla. These ranked in the list of top 10 non music YouTube videos.
YouTube remains a one stop destination for Bollywood as well as International music videos. Taking the lead in the list of top 10 music video on YouTube is Dheere Se Meri Zindagi Video Song, followed by Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan’. Besides, International music videos like Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do and Wiz Khalifa – See You Again also grabbed attention of netizens in India.
YouTube is India’s most preferred destination for users to log on to view all kind of video content. The watchtime in India has grown 80% year on year while the amount of content uploaded on YouTube in India has grown by 90%.
India: Top Trending YouTube Videos (Non-music videos)
- AIB : Every Bollywood Party Song feat. Irrfan
- Chhota Bheem – aur – Krishna Jodi No. #1
- Crime Patrol – Sting Operation 3 – Episode 500 – 26th April 2015
- AIB : Honest Indian Weddings (Part 1)
- PK Movie Spoof || Shudh desi endings
- Sujoy Ghosh’s Epic Thriller ‘Ahalya’
- TVF’s Barely Speaking with Arnub | Arvind Kejriwal
- Kapil Sharma rocks in Star Guild Award with his anchoring
- Baahubali 2 | The Ending Spoof | By SRikanth Reddy
- Splitsvilla 8 – Episode 13 -Broken Promises
- Dheere Dheere Se Meri Zindagi Video Song (OFFICIAL)
- Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan’ Video Song
- Badshah – DJ Waley Babu
- Main Hoon Hero Tera’ Video Song
- Afghan Jalebi (Ya Baba) Video Song
- Sun Saathiya – Disney’s ABCD 2
- Shael’s Abhi Abhi..(Shael Official)
- Na Na Na Na | J Star | Full Official Video
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video]
Global: Top Trending Videos (Non-music)
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial)
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!!
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council
- Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon – 4K – The Slow Mo Guys
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain’s Got Talent 2015
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off)
- Mean Tweets – President Obama Edition
Global: Top Trending Videos (Music)
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake – Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)
- Taylor Swift – Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- David Guetta – Hey Mama (Official Video) ft Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack
- Sia – Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video)
- Fifth Harmony – Worth It ft. Kid Ink
- Adele – Hello
- Silentó – Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official)
With comedy emerging as ultimate winner of 2015, marketers can expect this to e a major trend in 2016 as well.