Entering its fifth year in 2016, the Facebook Awards celebrate the best creative work being shared on the platform. More businesses are using Facebook and Instagram to connect with audiences and tell stories than ever before and the FB Awards showcase the power of Facebook and Instagram as creative canvases.
Facebook has internationalized and reviewed over 2,700 submissions from 160 countries that offered a snapshot of the state of creativity and innovation across Facebook, Instagram and the entire industry.
What’s New in 2016?
Internationalizing the Awards Program
All countries will now have the ability to be recognized for great work within their region, with local creative executives from each region as judges at the Regional Voting Events.
- Regional awards: “Best of APAC”, “Best of EMEA”, “Best of LATAM” and “Best of NA”. Top winners from each Regional Voting Events will move to the Global Judging Event .The judging process is in three rounds this year due to the volume of entrants
- April: Members of the Facebook Creative Shop will review the submissions and announce those moving on to the Regional Voting Events
- May: Regional Voting Events take place and Best of APAC, LATAM, NA, and EMEA are selected
- June: The top winners of each Regional Voting Events will move to the Global Judging Event in NYC, where Global Creative Council will select the best campaigns in each category.
Facebook Awards + SMB
For the first time ever, the FB Awards will recognize small business advertisers who have earned effective, eye-opening results. Winners of this category will also receive FB Ad Credits.
Recognizing more aspects of creative excellence in marketing and effective business results
- Best Use of Facebook family of brands: Awarded to the most creative, original and well-executed Facebook and/or Instagram campaign concepts. Example: Lexus 1000 to 1.
- Innovation: Awarded to campaigns that aren’t only creative, but engage audiences in ways we’ve never seen before. Example: GT Ride – Viral Gaming for Kia
- Small business :Awarded to those who successfully captured the attention of local audiences and drove gained results with creative thinking on Facebook and Instagram.
- Social for good: Awarded to charitable/non-profit org campaigns that creatively and successfully raise awareness and drive positive social change using Facebook or Instagram. Example: ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Kafa
- Integrated: Awarded to campaigns that creatively use Facebook as part of a larger, overall media mix. Example: P&G Always “Like a Girl”
All Mobile Entry & Judging Process
In 2015, 2,700 of submissions total were reviewed from 160+ countries (+49% YAG) . Out of which APAC drove the highest number of submissions with 37%, followed by EMEA at 30%, LATAM with 21% and finally NA at 12%. A total of 111 campaigns were shortlisted and finally 86 winners were awarded.
Facebook Awards 2016, is all set to spot and acknowledge talent across all geographies and industries.