It is a an axiomatic truth that books carry within them an ocean of knowledge waiting for a reader to engulf themselves in.
For avid readers, there is nothing more pleasing than drowning their mind into a good book and nothing more fulfilling than owning a library of their own.
Every social media professional who happens to be a book lover, these are 10 social media books a library would be incomplete without. These books not only strengthen the social media fundamentals, but also help you gain a much larger perspective.
Here is a list of books from social media experts throughout the world that one can immerse themselves into and emerge with the know-how of social media strategies.
1. YOUtility – Jay Baer
Jay Baer is a highly experienced marketing consultant and has worked with a number of big brands throughout his career. YOUtility is a best seller, in which Jay Baer explains how one can set their business apart by using simple and effective marketing insights.
2. Social Media ROI – Olivier Blanchard
Blanchard is a reputed economist and in Social Media ROI he explains how to set, achieve and measure social media marketing goals and strategies.
3. The Road to Social Media Success – Sean Gardner
Sean Gardner is a man described as one of the number one power influencers by Forbes and in his bestselling book he provides detailed information about the history, evolution and an understanding of social media.
4. Social Selling – Apurva Chamaria & Gaurav Kakkar
Chamaria is the Global Head of Brand and Digital Marketing for HCL Technologies and Gaurav Kakkar heads the Digital Marketing team of HCL technologies. In their book, the duo provide a step by step structure simplifying the process of social selling.
5. The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users – Guy Kawasaki
Guy is an American marketing specialist and one of the people who marketed the Apple Macintosh computer back in 1984. His book, The Art Of Social Media talks about how to use social media to promote anything from a product or a brand to yourself.
6. Media: From Chaos to Clarity – Judy Ungar Franks
Judy is a professor at the Northwestern University where she teaches media studies and consumer insight. In her book she urges readers to let go the understandings of a bygone era of media and states the Five Global Truths that will help readers navigate the messy media world of today.
7. The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue – Shama Hyder
Hyder is a young entrepreneur and author. She found her own company, The Marketing Zen Group that specializes in social media marketing. Her book discusses social media platforms in detail and how to utilize these tools for an effective social media presence.
8. Social Media Marketing: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastery (Facebook,Twitter,Youtube,Google+,Linkedin,Pinterest,Instagram) – Justin Gibbs
Gibbs advises readers on how to avoid the common mistakes when marketing your brand on social media and how to differentiate it from the horde of other similar competitors.
9. 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More! – Andrew Macarthy and Jon Finegold.
Andrew McCarthy is a social media strategist from the United Kingdom. As the name suggests, this book covers every social media platform and tips about how to make optimum use of them to achieve the best possible results for your company.
10. Social Media Made Me Rich: Here’s How it Can do the Same for You – Matthew Loop
Loop is a reputed social media revenue strategist based in North America and in his book he shows readers how to use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram to your advantage and reap the benefits.
In the world of online, it is such offline binders that can help us come up with integrated strategies for marketing in the digital world.