As Twitter woke up to the news of NDTV being taken over by SpiceJet’s Ajay Singh, Twitterati were once again polarized in their opinion on the matter as the hashtags, #NDTV and #NDTVsold began to trend.
Ajay Singh, the man reported to have coined Narendra Modi’s Prime Ministerial campaign slogan, Abki Baar, Modi Sarkaar, is known to be a shrewd businessman and a staunch supporter of the Right leaning political leader of the world’s largest democracy. A lot of people had a lot of things to say about the fate of NDTV and their consistent liberal stance that many seem to consider as blatantly in rebellion of the government, or a #Presstitute as they like to call it.
As many people from both ends of the political spectrum came together to make jokes about the news reports, a lot of likes, retweets and accusations were hurled from both factions. Let us look at some of the most interesting, mildly amusing and pretty hilarious reactions about the NDTV takeover which apparently turns out was false.
1. I’m not sure if this would be the case but who am I to make assumptions right?
— Harsha Vardhan Singh (@tweetsbyharsha) September 22, 2017
2. Is that Sushma Swaraj? :O
— Arun Sharma ?? (@arunn333) September 22, 2017
3. This is so sarcastic omg
— Akash Banerjee (@akashbanerjee) September 22, 2017
4. How does it fit so well!!!!!
8. Pakistan bhi khareed loge kya?
9. He knew :O10. Colorfully put.11. Just Republic things you know..12. *reads bhavishya*13. I really should have done a Bachelor in Babagiri. 14. If only grammar could be bought.15. Orange flare missing..16. Damn.
So, that was that. This is going to go on for a long time!