Who is BC Web Wise?
Do you go for a swim ever? If you swim, you would know the need for muscle power. The bigger the waves, the faster the current, the more the muscle power. Have you observed how the tiniest of fish or the biggest of them can swim in the toughest, calmest, or unpredictable currents? That’s us, BC Web Wise.
Surviving, thriving, constantly adapting, in a multitude of shapes, sizes, forms, across diverse environments, that’s us. That’s our genetic composition.
What’s in the name?
It was the year 2000, and we had to have a name. We as a content portal, tips4me.com. In 2003, we adapted, thanks to our fish sense, saw the opportunity and became an agency.
1998-2000 was when digital was just emerging in India, and also the time for the dotcom boom, and the dotcom bubble burst by April 2000. We had to fight for any generic keyword such as cyber/web/internet, etc.
And our founder’s lawyer called and said, we need to add your name, so there it was- BC. Initials of our founder. That went best with Web Wise that was the originally proposed name.
What do we do?
- Getting businesses to build their business to the consumer on-the-go.
- Using technology, targeting, and creative sensibilities.
- Attempting to empower Brands Online. We have 5 Verticals- Design, Social, Films, Technology & Performance.
- We focus on a customer-centric approach, leveraging Human Insights, Creativity and Innovation at the core.
- The services stacked up include end-to-end digital solutions and today extend to support in other media be it print, TV or outdoor. Start with a website, host it for you, do search engine optimization, build and maintain a corporate/brand social media presence, media buying, and planning, online reputation management, influencer marketing, Film production, data analytics, advanced technology-led solutions include AI/ML, chatbots. Everything we do is related to advertising, primarily digital.
Why we do it?
Our founder was a business journalist in a print magazine, Business Today, and in 1998, she started her venture into the internet.
With advertising, marketing and media as her beat as a journalist, she could only imagine what digital could do for brand marketing. And that is how the story began. And today living through it every day, seeing what we do, how it can create, build brands and how we can contribute to a company’s growth, to India’s growth, well, that drives us. And we want to be a part of India’s turnaround, a part of India’s growth story.
Also Read: Agency Feature: WeBeasts
How we evolve?
There is actually almost not a single day that we don’t have a training session in BC Web Wise.
Social responsibility in social media
To be honest, we do not have any guidelines as such. We, as an agency do our best to ensure that we don’t misguide our clients, or through content, misguide their consumers in any manner.
Maintaining the highest levels of transparency in internal and external communications is a part and parcel of our employee induction program.
The Need of the hour
There are so many fake profiles and ways and means to show that your brand has higher levels of likes /conversations/engagements etc. with just the base of false profiles, that it can definitely misguide a user.
Equally, we have had clients also asking if we can do negative reviews against the competition.
We learned the hard way
Don’t agree to lower your price, don’t work for small budget clients particularly those who have budgets that are small only for digital while they have no holds barred on TV spends.
Put everything on paper in detail. Take advance payments.
Did we just share that?
Not just funny, but scarily hysterical When we had an account manager, post his personal dinner photograph with conversation dialogues, etc. carefully placed, meant to be obviously shared within a closed group, was shared on the brand’s twitter handle. Thankfully, we have the delete option.
They work with us
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- Bajaj Corp Ltd,
- Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd,
- Emami Ltd,
- Hero MotoCorp Ltd,
- Hindustan Unilever
- HT Media Ltd
- IDFC Ltd,
- JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd
- J.K Helene Curtis Ltd,
- KEI Industries Ltd,
- Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd,
- Titan Company Ltd,
- ICICI Bank Limited
- ResinovaChemie Limited
- Sun Pharma Laboratories Limited
- Visit Sweden, Atc Tires Private Limited ( ATG)
- AU Small Finance Bank Limited
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd,
- GVK Biosciences Private Limited
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Indiabulls Housing Finance
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd,
- Magic Bus India Foundation
- Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd
- Parle Biscuits Pvt. Ltd.
- Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Shree Renuka Sugars Limited
- Alpargatas India Fashions Private Limited
- Rattanindia Finance Private Limited
- Kokuyo Camlin Ltd
The industry as we foresee
It is going to constantly evolve. More live interactions, video content, and privacy led social media, and less ad intrusion, social e-commerce, omnichannel optimization leveraging digital at its core.
A day without Internet
Peaceful. More connected with our natural instincts. Superior human powers
Lastly, are you hiring?
- Sr. Content Editor – Mumbai
- Client Servicing
- Sr. Client Servicing Executive – Mumbai, Delhi
- PHP Developer – Mumbai