ShareChat launches an in-app proposition called ShareChat Sakhi, to strengthen a safe and comfortable digital space for female users.
As part of the ShareChat Sakhi education drive this women’s day, ShareChat will highlight its female users about the various safety and security features available on the platform.
A page ‘ShareChat Sakhi’ has been created and is available across 15 languages to address any safety issues on the platform.
ShareChat Sakhi aims to create awareness amongst its women users around the various safety features available on the platform that includes:
- Blocking unwanted profiles
- Reporting unwanted profiles/comments
- Restriction on downloading/ screenshots of profiles on the platform
- Restriction of profiles display pictures download
- Choice of restricting sharing and comments – no downloads would be allowed from user profiles without their permission
The Week Zero awareness campaign is live on the platform for all the female users as they sign up on ShareChat. Additionally, an email id has also been created to address the grievances of female users on the platform.
As part of this drive, ShareChat also aims to encourage “dedicated women campaigns” to drive deeper engagement amongst female users. The platform has also activated a dedicated category called ‘Ladies Corner’ in major languages to enable women-led conversations on the topics closer to their hearts where all women users can freely interact, express their feelings and thoughts in the language of their choice.