Priti Murthy, CEO, OMD India lights up a candle in this dark tunnel, to give us hope till we see the light at the end of it.
Priti Murthy shares how India has remained optimistic during COVID-19 times and covers a few more topics that can help companies operate during this phase.
The insights have been acquired through research from Omnicom Group that is majorly a metro study and comprehends the impact of consumer sentiments during the Lockdown Phase 1 and what few of the several brands have done to engage with consumers.
- More than 80% of the people believe that we will emerge stronger from the pandemic
- High adherence is seen for measures like social distancing, improving personal hygiene, and wearing masks. Citizens in Tier 1 have adapted better to the mandated precautionary measures
- An overwhelmed 85% of Indians are concerned for their fellow countrymen who are less fortunate than them and survive on daily wages
- Citizens in metros are more hopeful about the resurgence compared to Tier 1 cities, while businessmen are not eagerly enthusiastic as compared to the salaried population
- Media habits have seen an upsurge, 70% spend more time on YouTube, 55% spend more time on Facebook, and similarly on OTT, TV, and News Apps too
- 40% have stockpiled essentials
- Several Auto Majors such as Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai India, and Bajaj Group came forward with their CSR initiatives to fight the pandemic in India
- Reckitt Benckiser, Hindustan Unilever in collaboration with UNICEF, and more brands have engaged consumers with informative or empathetic campaigns
- Dettol, Reebok India, Philips India, and more leveraged home-produced videos, when the lockdown had affected production
Apart from sharing insights on ‘Optimistic India’ Priti also shared a few tips & tricks that can be used during this period while answering questions from our viewers.
One of the viewers asked, “Is it the right time to approach international clients?” To which Priti said, “I think there is a never right time or a wrong time and as long as you are offering value to clients.”
The right question is how can you offer value to clients.