WhatsApp Carts streamline shopping while sending messages to businesses that typically sell multiple items at once, like a local restaurant or clothing store.
With carts, users can browse a catalog, select multiple products, and send the order as one WhatsApp message to the business. This will make it simpler for businesses to keep track of order inquiries, manage requests from customers, and close sales.
The feature has been designed to make WhatsApp a store counter to discuss products and coordinate sales. Catalogs have allowed people to see what’s available and helped businesses organize their chats around particular items.
Using carts is easy. Find the items you want and tap “add to cart”. Once your cart is complete, send it as a message to the business. Carts are going live around the world today.
Also Read: A step-by-step guide to use WhatsApp Pay
How To Add Products To The Cart
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to your chat or business profile of the business you’d like to order from.
- Tap on the shopping button icon listed next to their name to access their catalog.
- Once the catalog opens, browse through the products you’d like to order.
- Tap on the product you like.
- Tap ‘Add To Cart’ on a product if you’d like to order.
- Alternatively, you can also tap ‘Message Business’ if you’d like to ask a specific question about the product.
How To Edit Your Cart
- Tap ‘View Cart’ to see all the products added to your cart.
- Tap ‘Add More’ if you wish to navigate back to the catalog to continue adding more products.
- You can also edit the quantity for each product added to your cart.
How To Place An Order
- Once you’ve successfully updated your cart, you can send it to the seller as a WhatsApp message.
- Once sent, you will be able to see the details of your order by tapping on the ‘View Cart’ button in your chat window with the seller.
Note: You can edit the message before sending your cart to the seller.
If you’d like to enquire about multiple items listed in a seller’s catalog, you can add all of them to your cart and send your inquiry in a single message. An order isn’t final until confirmed by the seller.