Facebook will also provide resources and support to writers and journalists joining the platform, enabling them to build their business online with tools such as paid subscriptions.
Starting in the US, in the coming months, Facebook will partner with a small group of independent writers on the platform and provide them with resources focussed on content creation and audience growth.
The platform says the initiative would also support local and regional journalists who cover a specific community. Facebook will build more products and resources, designed for such journalists.
The writers and journalists would have additional avenues for growth and monetization. Some of the resources which will enable features for optimized creation and analytical review include:
- A free self-publishing tool with styling options to create individual websites and an email newsletter
- Integration with Facebook Pages to enable publishing across various multimedia formats including photos, live videos, and stories
- The ability to create Facebook Groups and nurture a community of readers
- Features to help audiences easily discover new content and writers
- Insights for writers to understand how content is performing
- Monetization tools to build successful individual websites and businesses, starting with subscriptions
- Accelerator services to help creators learn best practices