Instagram announced the launch of Enhanced Tags which is a way to make it easier for creators to receive credit for their work on Reels. In March, Enhanced Tags was launched for Feed.
Proper creative credit and recognition are a starting point for discovery, new opportunities and economic empowerment. This is especially relevant as more creators collaborate with each other. Instagram launched Enhanced Tags in line with the behaviour.
Enhanced Tags allow a creator’s self-designated profile category on their professional accounts to be displayed in their People Tag so that people can share and view a creator’s specific contribution to a photo or video post. The feature will also be expanded to Reels. If you’re a makeup artist, songwriter, or another significant collaborator on a post, your contributions will be more visible in the post or Reel.
How to Use Enhanced Tags
- Open the Instagram app and tap the (+) in the top right corner
- Create a new Post and tap Next
- Make any creative edits then tap Next
- After writing a caption, tap Tag People
- Select Add Tag and search and select your contributors
- Tap Show Profile Category to display the creator category
- Tap Done
- Once you’ve added any additional tags and details, tap Share