LinkedIn had recently launched notification features for profiles and also a new design of the home page of a profile. LinkedIn unveiled a redesign of its Company Pages today. LinkedIn currently has 175 million users who follow at least one of the 2 million companies who maintain official Company Pages on the business-centric social network. The revamped company pages are more visual appealing. There is a cover photo at the top of the page, very much like that of Facebook, and company updates and job opportunities are displayed more prominently.
Here is what it looks like –
Here’s the official announcement from Mike Grishaver:
This year, we’ve been talking a lot about simplifying the LinkedIn experience across our core products. I’m excited to share the next big installment of this effort, our new redesigned LinkedIn Company Pages. Starting this week, a few companies are getting early access to the redesigned Company Pages, including Philips, Citi, HP and Dell.
For members, this means easier access to the information you want about the companies you care about. For companies, this means a more powerful way to build relationships with your target audience on LinkedIn.
- The new streamlined design makes it easier for you to find exactly what you are looking for, whether it’s company news and information, career opportunities, products and services, or insights.
- Company updates are front and center, enabling you to quickly comment, like, or share relevant company updates with your professional network.
- Company Pages is now available on our iPhone, Android and iPad apps, so you can stay connected to companies you care about, wherever you are.
- All of this means it’s now easier for you to find, follow and engage with companies you’re interested in.
- We know a picture is worth a thousand words, so we’ve provided companies with the ability to easily add an image that best represents their company and brand. Like the photo on a member’s profile, this image helps companies establish their identity on LinkedIn.
- We’ve made the update stream more relevant for members, which means companies are able to share status updates and job opportunities with the right members on LinkedIn.
- With a more prominent navigation experience, companies can now easily showcase their company’s products, services and career opportunities to members visiting their Company Page.
- For select companies, such as American Express, Unilever, Expedia, we’ve also started to offer a more compelling and visual way for them to showcase their employer brand through the Career Pages section of Company Pages. We believe this new look and feel makes it easier for companies to tell their employer story and make the job hunt process more personalized for job seekers.
We are just getting warmed up and look forward to sharing more news as we continue to improve Company Pages and roll out the experience to all companies later this year.