With the surge in the adoption of broadband internet and the increased online penetration powered by mobile phones, more and more Indians are going social these days.
Interesting Insights about the Indian Social Media Industry
- 67% Urban Indian internet users get online for social networking
- 73% of India’s netizens watch online videos
- Google and Facebook account for 67% of total online ad spend in India.
- Social networking is primary driver of online activity in India
- 60.5 million – social networking users in India. That’s equal to the entire population of Italy.
- However, the social media penetration is just 5%
- 52% – growth rate of social media users in India this year.
- 1 in 4 online minutes is spent on social networking
- 44% of Indian netizens used Facebook last month.
For more such mind-boggling stats, please have a look the following slideshow:
We Are Social’s Guide to Social, Digital and Mobile in India (2nd Edition, Nov 2012) from We Are Social Singapore
You may also like:
Décor lessons bloggers can teach us
Create brand evangelists for your start-ups with these Facebook hacks
Twitter India launches #BloodMatters to bridge blood donation gap
Social Media News Round Up: Snapchat Friendship Profiles, Instagram Shopping, and more
Facebook, Instagram, Messenger & WhatsApp face the longest outage till date
Road to 2020: 4 consequential digital trends by Mark McDonald