Slowly but steadily big brands in India have started investing in hiring agencies for Online Reputation Management (ORM). So what exactly is ORM – Online Reputation Management?
Answer: Few days back I bought a new smartphone. I knew the specs but what I dint know was if the phone was really good. Since it’s a new product does it have any bugs or issues?
Like any other person I googled, read reviews, checked complaint forums (like mouthshut.com, consumercourt.in etc), posted on Twitter and Facebook asking people for their experience and then finally made my decision. So basically others’ perspective, advice, experience and word of mouth helped me select a perfect smartphone for myself.
Brands do have an important role to play over here. This is where Online Reputation Management comes into the play. When someone writes something negative about the brand, it is the brand’s duty to address the issue.
Ask the person what his problem is and try to solve it. The person’s perspective may change and he/she may even write something positive. ORM’s primary role is to reduce the negativity and increase the positivity.
There are many brands in India who are doing an amazing work in ORM. These brands have understood the potential of ORM and are making good use of it.
Following are some Indian brands who are doing the right job:
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
ORM tools available in the market & how good are they:
How to start with ORM:
- Hire a professional ORM agency
- Go for an agency which is already providing you SMO services in order to ensure smooth functioning
- Select the best tool
- Different tools are mentioned above, select the one which best suits your requirements
- ORM is not limited to Facebook or Twitter . Use it for the WWW
- Make sure results are fetched from complaint forum websites as they are very important
Make use of free tools:
- Make use of free tools like Tweetdeck, Google alerts, social mention, etc
Listen, Analysis and React:
- Listen and analyze to what people have to say about your brand.
- Reacting on open forum can be fatal, so react wisely
Hope this helps. Need any help? Please comment below and I will reply.