AliveNow helped engage Penguin India’s Facebook fans with creative content and created a platform for discussion.
- To increase awareness of the brand and the launch of new books by Penguin India on Facebook.
- To be able to reach out to a large audience on Facebook.
- To engage fans on a daily basis by having them debate on topics that are related to the books being released.
- To build a community where fans can share their thoughts and experiences on certain topics.
- There were regular updates on the page, driving engagement on the page and share information resulting in increase in the number of LIKES and SHARES.
- Video promotion for many books was done. Videos were uploaded on Youtube and later shared on the Facebook page which led to more views on Youtube and also created engagement on Facebook.
- Facebook chats with many well-known authors were conducted. Readers had the opportunity to ask questions and share their point of view with the author.
Content Driven Engagement on Facebook
Shared regular content every day with interesting creative’s and call to actions. A content strategy was put in place keeping in mind the genre and subject of the book and personality of the author.
Content was divided into the following categories. Every piece of content was shared with a well designed creative.
- Book Teaser Announcements
- Book Launch Event Announcements
- Book Topic Discussion Updates
- Author Chat announcements
Book Teaser Announcements
Book teasers were launched in order to create suspense around the book launch.
Book Launch Event Announcements
After the book teaser, the launch of the book along with the venue and time was announced, so that readers could be present at the launch.
Book Topic Discussion Debates
Every month, about 10-15 book announcements were to be made. A few example of how new book launches were made have been shared.
Author Chat Announcements
Facebook chats with authors were also organized. These chats were a huge success since they created engagement on the page and gave fans a chance to interact with the author directly.
ConclusionPenguin Facebook Page is active with engagement happening everyday for every update.
Compared to a normal Facebook brand page, the Penguin India page had much higher level of engagement because of the thoughtful and
planned content strategy.
Content was also created keeping in mind the final objective, which prompts the user to purchase the book. These curious questions and
update will drive the user to contemplate buying the book next time they see it.
Every creative that was shared was specifically designed keeping in mind, Facebook image sizes, hence prompting sharing as well.