Hindustan Times- No TV Day
HT celebrates June 1st as No TV Day. We ran a pre-launch (May 28th) and launch (June 1st) campaign on Facebook and Twitter so maximum number of people take part on this initiative.
As a running campaign for last 3 years HT urged people to switch off their TV on June 1st, and instead spend time with their family and friends. On Twitter, HT wanted to leverage the already built reputation and acquire maximum engagement.
Pre-launch – #onhtnotviwill
- Create Awareness about this year campaign
- To leverage the already built reputation and celebrate No TV Day on 1st June
- To get maximum engagement for the #htnotvday
#onnotvdayiwill (pre-launch) Twitter Contest:
- A pre-launch contest on May 28th using the hash tag #onnotvdayiwill
- We asked users what how they plan to celebrate their No TV Day on 1st June
- The contest was live for 9 hours, from 11am to 8pm
- To create awareness, numerous tweets were posted an hour before the contest began
#notvday (launch) Twitter Contest:
- A launch contest on June 1st (No TV Day) using the hash tag #notvday
- We asked users how they are celebrating this No TV Day
- We asked user to Tweet with picture and do live check-in through Foursquare as to how they were celebrating No TV day.
- The contest was live for 10 hours, from 11am to 9pm
- #onnotvdayiwill had already created the awareness about the initiative. We started getting an excellent response and as soon as we started with the contest, it became viral.
- #onnotvdayiwill trended at #1 Worldwide for 2 hours
- #onnotvdayiwill trended on #1 India for 2 consecutive days
- New followers added on the day of the contest: 346+
- Total Number of Tweets: 6200+
- Total Number of Retweets: 700+
- #notvday trended Worldwide at #3 for 3 hours
- #notvday trended on #1 India for 2 consecutive days
- New followers added on the day of the contest: 220+
- Total Number of Tweets: 15,000+
- Total Number of Retweets: 1990+
- Total Number of Brand Mentions: 10,000+
- The entire campaign and its success were totally dependent on the contest theme, excellent response to the initiative that resulted in the campaign going viral.