Best Foods tied up with Red Chillies Entertainment, a production and distribution company headed by Shah Rukh Khan. The objective was to promote both the brand as well as the film through a contest on Facebook.
The target audience for the brand is primarily women within the 25-35 age bracket, but the contest was open to everyone residing in India within the same age group.
- Promote Best Foods’ association with Chennai Express through a contest to drive engagement.
- Gain traction for Best Foods by leveraging the association.
- Ensure participation in great numbers by drawing parallels between the brands.
The tagline for Best Foods is ‘The Perfect Match’. Best Foods is a food category brand, which is why this contest was designed around food combinations. There are several food combinations which are perfect complements to each other, for eg. chole bhature, idli sambhar, pav-bhaji etc. Contestants were asked to upload images of the food items that they thought were the ‘Perfect Match.’
The execution was divided into three tactical stages:
- Pre-contest posts.
- Contest launch with custom made application.
- Participation reminders during the contest.
A week before it started, community members were given a teaser about the contest with the help of attractive creatives:
The contest was run on Facebook with the help of an application on the Best Foods page. The contest was open to people residing in India between the ages of 25-35 years.
The application contained a like gate making it mandatory for everybody to like the page in order to enter the contest.
A photo uploading section was created for participants to upload photos of food items which was the perfect match, in their opinion.
Participants had to invite their friends to vote for their respective entries, and hence a leaderboard was created.
During the week, there was phenomenal participation and the campaign was successful on all parameters.
- New Likes: 15,600 new fans added in 7 days. From 36,695 to 52,295 likes on page (42.5% increase).
- People talking about: Talking about increased from 4,712 to 15,796 (235% increase).
- Engagement per post: Increased from 378 to 829 (119% increase).
- Engagement rate per post: From 1.06% to 1.85%.
- Campaign reach: Over 1,225,132 people reached with 19,119 clicks and CTR of 0.51%
- They received over 250 contest entries during the week, and three winners were announced at the end based on the number of votes garnered after thorough background checks.