Narendra Modi retains #1 spot in August, but buzz for Modi decreases by 19% in August 2013 as compared to July 2013
- Rahul Gandhi drops to the 4th position by the Blogworks Most Mentioned Political Leaders Index ranking
- Mentions for Raj Thackeray and Arun Jaitley saw the highest jump – by 394% and 293% respectively
Blogworks has released the 5th edition of its monthly India’s Most Mentioned Political Leaders index analysing the Top 20 Most Mentioned Political Leaders online for the month of August
Some of the key highlights of the report:
- Narendra Modi retains #1 spot but Buzz for Narendra Modi decreased by 19% in August 2013 as compared to July 2013. Mentions for him under ‘Development & economy’ increased in August 2013 as compared to July. Several of his statements about development reaching every person in the country, controlling misgovernance, the Sujlam Suflam yojna, and the development project at Morbi, among others, contributed to mentions under the theme.
- While overall mentions declined by 7% in August when compared to July, Raj Thackeray, Arun Jaitley, Akhilesh Yadav, Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Omar Abdullah and J. Jayalalithaa witnessed a jump in their mentions.
- Mentions for Raj Thackeray and Arun Jaitley saw the highest jump – by 394% and 293% respectively.
- Mentions for Rahul Gandhi declined by 2% in August 2013. Rahul Gandhi’s statement about giving better education and opportunity to Dalits and other weaker sections of society was received well by people and contributed to positive mentions under the theme ‘Education
- Mentions for Arvind Kejriwal and Nitish Kumar declined by 18% and 50% respectively in August 2013.