Unmetric has released its report of Top Indian Brands on Social Media for the month of August 2013. The report focuses on brands from 10 different sectors on 4 distinct social networking platforms.
These networking platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Unmetric’s report of top brands on Facebook comprises of Auto, Home Care, Personal Care and Banking & Financial brands.
- In Auto sector, Audi India topped with an engagement score of 176, followed by BMW India, Tata Nano, Mahindra Scorpio and Hyundai India.
- Audi India’s ‘Guess the Price’ contest was its most engaging content in August and it fetched them with a fan growth of 8.4%. The contest was conducted as part of the launch of its Q3 model of Audi.
- In Home Care sector, Surf Excel Matic’s ‘Motherhood’ engaged well with its fans. The ‘Motherhood’ related posts had an average engagement score of 25, while the overall average engagement score was only 6.
- However, it was Nerolac Paints that got the maximum growth in the number of fans in comparison to the other Home Care brands.
- Personal care sector on Facebook was dominated by L’Oreal Paris India. The brand posted 11 updates around the ‘You are worth it because..’ contest and this resulted in an average engagement score of 19 for the campaign while the overall engagement score was 50.
- Axis Bank’s updates on Corporate Social Responsibility engaged well with the fans. The 12 CSR related posts had an average engagement score of 19.
- The analysis of top social media brands on Twitter was aimed at 4 different sectors; Retail, Insurance, Food / Beverage and Restaurant & Cafés.
- Louis Philippe’s #TheLabelQuiz was the most tweeted hashtag by the brand and its followers in August. The engagement score for the hashtag #TheLabelQuiz was 1,000.
- #LittleThings Contest by Bajaj Allianz’ was most user tweeted hashtag in insurance brands. It was the
- highest engaging hashtag with an engagement score of 881.
- Bingo’s ‘Replace Movie Name with Boing Contest’ on August 28th helped the brand reach the ‘1,000 followers’ milestone. The engagement score of the hashtag was 1,000.
- Starbucks India asked its followers to share their pic at the Starbucks store using the hashtag #PassionforCoffee. The hashtag created a lot of buzz and engaged well with its followers with an engagement score of 744.
- Kotak Junior Account TVC video was the most watched video on the Kotak Mahindra Bank’s YouTube channel with more than 649,000 views.
- Panasonic India’s Econavi washing machine TV commercial was the most watched video on its YouTube channel with 1,372 views.
- ICICI Lombard’s Cop vs. Conscience video garnered more than 19,000 views in 10 days.