Courtyard By Marriot
Flavors of Freedom is an 11 day Indian Food Festival, held during the Independence week, featuring a new kind of cuisine everyday. The Festival is native to Courtyard By Marriot, Mumbai International Airport, and then ends with an Indian Brunch.
In order to market this festival well, Facebook and Twitter were selected.
- The contest was named #FlavorsOfFreedom.
- 20 Questions revolving around Indian Cuisine were asked.
- All participating tweeps had to reply using the hashtag #FlavorsOfFreedom.
- The pre-contest buzz generated was amazing.
- After a few minutes of the contest gong live, #FlavorsOfFreedom started trending in Mumbai, following which, it started trending in India as well.
- Post event and pre-event pictures were taken and uploaded on Facebook on a day to day/ alternate day basis. These pictures were used on Twitter as well.
- It was made imperative that the pictures were of good quality, which helped to generate a very good level of buzz.
- A call to action was placed on all the necessary posts.
- Apart from our usual guests, there were an additional 153 guests who arrived at our restaurant each day specifically for the festival.
- 200 additional followers on Twitter.
- 500 additional likes on Facebook.