American Express India
Partner: Jet Airways
The ‘Win a JPMile A Second’ campaign, enabled Jet Airways to gratify its fans on Facebook, by adding an incentive to the sharing behavior that is so characteristic to social networking.
A fan could apply for the Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card, and then increase the frequent flyer miles that they received on successful application, by sharing with their friends on social networks. When the friends joined in, the score would increase, resulting in 86,400 (seconds in a day) JPMiles going to the flyer with the highest number of shares in a day.
- To build awareness via social media buzz for the new Jet Airways and American Express co-branded card.
- To promote the benefits of the association for Jet Frequent Flyers and other Fans, on the Jet Airways Facebook page who can enjoy the exclusive privileges that are the hallmark of the American Express experience.
The contest by Jet Airways and American Express India enabled their Facebook fans to participate and win JPMiles under the contest. The contest invited participants to apply for a new Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card, and were entitled to earn 250 – 1000 JPMiles by applying for the card through this contest.
The JPMiles were credited into the participant’s JetPrivilege account on completion of the contact details verification call by American Express. To win the contest, the participants would have to refer friends for the card; the more the referrals, the more the participants’ chances at winning. At any point in the contest, the participant could check their referral scores and JPMiles tally on the ‘My Account’ page in the app.
All communication about the application was published on the Jet Airways Facebook page.
- Increased buzz around the Jet Airways and American Express co-branded card in the online space.
- Awareness about the exclusive privileges that the American Express experience is known for amongst the Jet Frequent Flyers and other fans on the Jet Airways Facebook page.
- Increase in ‘Likes’ and engagement on the Jet Airways Facebook page.
- Card with pre-loaded points becomes an aspiration for the participant.
- All participants in the app are prospective customers.