- To create a buzz on Social Media about the Indian Food Blogger Awards to be held at JW Marriott, Mumbai.
- To increase interactions, fans and followers through the promotion of the event.
- The activity began on the 11th of October.
- A Twitter contest was conducted on the same day, with the winner being awarded entry to the event.
- A Facebook contest was conducted on 12th and 13th October with the same prize.
- Posts were put up on Facebook and Twitter throughout the week to promote the contest, along with the event.
- Conversations around the awards were built up throughout the 4 day campaign.
- On the day of the awards i.e. the 14th of October, real-time conversations on Twitter were conducted to engage the nominees and guests which helped in creating excitement and buzz.
- Finally, Live Tweeting during the award show kept everyone updated about the activities at the venue (JW Marriott, Mumbai) and the winners.
- Total Tweets: 488
- Total Participants: 181
- Total Contest Entries: 308
- Total Reach: 4 Lakhs
- Total Facebook Interactions: 182
- Increase in Twitter Followers: 60
- Increase in Facebook Fans: 78
- The JW Marriott Handle and Hashtag both trended in India!
Social Media Case Study: How JW Marriott Create Buzz About Indian Food Blogger Awards from SocialSamosa.com
You may also like:
An IoT lesson from Disney's Magicbands and Cards
Meru rides on Twitter to create awareness around carpooling
What you need to know about video advertising
[Case Study] Absolut takes a colourful route to launch their limited edition bottle in India
[Case Study] Siyaram's extended 'Coming Home to Siyaram' on social media
Brand Factory's Khade Thand Par Dhoka clocked a rise of 47k in Facebook followers