Link2 Connect (L2C) is a global platform for social and professional networking having all the features of other social and professional networking sites, along with its own unique features. The key mission of L2C is to create a platform for social and professional networking and its vision is to provide the industry’s best Global media networking site’s experience.
The founder of the company is Ankit Arora. He has 9 years of experience in the field of Event Management. He has done his MBA in Business Management from IMT. He started his career with Solutions, then moved to Showtime, and got the opportunity to work with Sercon, Candid Marketing. In 2010, he started his own venture Concepts & Solutions Marketing Pvt. Ltd which is purely into events.
They are currently working for Big Brands like, Godfrey Philips India, Nestle, Canon, Pepsi, Lenovo and many more.
In 2013, Concepts & Solutions expanded its horizon and opened one more vertical – Retail Matrix which is into retail solutions. In 2014, one more vertical was added under the C&S – Digi Infomedia, which is into Digital Marketing.
Whom do we cater to?
We cater to the 17 to 35 years age group.
What do we offer to our consumers?
- L2C Market Place is a place where users can post adds, like For Sale, Jobs, Housing and other things.
- Users can change their status to what they are doing at a certain time.
- You can send people gifts.
- L2C Events is a feature that lets friends know about upcoming events in a certain area.
- You can add the Top Friends feature.
- Users can add audio songs to their profiles.
- Users can make slideshows with their pictures and tag the friends that are in them.
- Make your own quiz
L2C can do for you –
- To contact old friends.
- To create events for social gatherings.
- To check what your friends are up to.
- To share photos and videos with friends and/or relatives.
- To chat with friends online.
- To check events happening in world today.
- Create or refine one’s self identity and values.
- To build connections with peers and create civility.
- Connect with people and groups that foster a positive sense of community.
- Learn to use technology in creative and useful ways.
- Develop blogs about your interests to attract others.
- Easily browse for people.
- Few or no loading issues.
- Join groups with like minded people
- Colleges can advertise on L2C to promote programs.
- Communicate with fellow students, employees, or friends.
- Create online photo albums for friends or relatives to see.
What motivated us to start up?
In the last 8 years, we have seen the usage of social networking in India by the individual either having their discussions or creating their groups or circulating any information in the circle as a person is motivated to contribute valuable information to the group in the expectation that one will receive useful help and information in return. On the other hand, extrinsic motivation refers to the motivation coming outside the individual. These are external factors such as money or recognition.
What’s in a name?
Link 2 connect : the names itself explains the meaning of L2C: to connect with people around the globe through link 2 connect.
How do we see Social Media?
Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks even though Social media is now an integral part of our young people lives. In fact, almost half of the young people aged between 10 and 20 have a profile on a social networking site such as, Facebook. It also provides an opportunity for people all over the world to connect and exchange ideas easily.
Social media helps you to meet people and begin conversations. It helps us to answer questions and help others. There are no boundaries of time and space and other people can listen to the conversation.
Currently we are….
We started in the month of February and we intended to reach 10000 users within the first 2 months. Initially, for a month, the response was low but from March onwards people have started visiting the website for writing blogs and within a span of 1 month we have got more than 10000 blogs on board. Currently, we have got more than 100000 users on board.
Our biggest challenge was..
To make the website accessible to everybody and to make it user friendly.
We want to dominate the world by..
Till now the American social networking sites have dominated the world, none of the Indian social portals is even close to them. L2C has all the features of the other social networking websites and it has several features which are not present in any of the other social media portals. We have plans to integrate more features which will enable the users to have all the things at one place.
Industry as we foresee it
People in India are very optimistic about the role of social media in their daily routine. Though measures such as sales and leads are not very evident for all organizations/ individuals, they have realized that it plays an important role in generating insights and in engaging with customers on a continued basis. Social media has helped organizations/ celebrities to create their own communities of fans, customers or prospects.
Social media platform is not only effective but is also relatively inexpensive, as compared to other media. Here, one gets a chance to interact, build relationships and reputation for their brands. In the last few years, the India has seen a massive rise in the social media industry. Today, there are about 20 cr internet users and by the end of 2015, this number is expected touch over 30 crore.
Lastly, are you hiring?
Currently, we are not hiring but we plan to hire in the future.