The Live Blog will give you real time updates from#SMLive, as the elite panelists share social media wisdom with you.
The day has finally arrived! It is #WorldSocialMediaDay, the day to celebrate the medium that has been bringing the world closer and making it a better place! From protests to peace making efforts – all on this one platform. And then we there are brands, who complete this ecosystem.
It is the celebration of this platform with #SMLive, a Live Social Media Conference by Social Samosa, with exchange4media as Media Partners and Treize Communications as Communication Partner.
With an esteemed set of panelists, #SMLive starts at 11 AM with a Keynote Session from Rajiv Dingra, Founder & CEO at WAT Consult.
This blog, will share Live updates from the conference! You can also share your questions with us in the comments below or on email@example.com.
We hope you will help us make #SMLive a memorable, knowledgeable and successful event.
11 AM: Rajiv Dingra, Founder & CEO at WAT Consult goes Live
Rajiv speaks on The State of Indian Social Media Industry.
- Mobile and video are two pillars on which Social Media is scaling
- Instagram has a unique positioning as compared to all other players
- LinkedIn is a great platform for recruiting
- Instagram posts no longer an adaptation of mainline creatives
- Majority of the brands are under leveraging social media
- If you’re a student this is the best time to go out and explore
11:23 AM: Rajiv Dingra concludes session
11:30 AM: Suchita Salwan, Founder & CEO at Little Black Book goes Live
Suchita speaks on The Power of Community Building on Social Media
- We use Facebook to recruit people to share their recommendations and experiences
12: 00 PM: Aashish Chopra, Head, Content Marketing – Ixigo goes Live
Aashish is speaking on The Secrets of Viral Video Marketing.
- No one can make a video viral. Only audience can make a video viral.
- Viral is abused word in the industry!
- Share is the new currency of social
- We have to move really fast and engage in 3 – 6 seconds
- You can play around with production value but not storytelling
- Videos should be made for mobile
- The initial seeding of the video is very important
- Please don’t make a ad. Create something that has value for audience
- Operate like a movie studio
- Attention span is falling, competition is through the roof, you have to create shareworthy content
- Just get your feet dirty and experiment with videos
- If you make 10 videos do not share all! Experiment!
12: 30 PM Abhash Kumar, Head – Marketing at Factor Daily goes Live
Kumar speaks on Social Media Tips for Online Publishers
- You have to understand that only 20 per cent of the time should be spent in making content and 80 per cent in marketing and distributing it
- The best way to inorganically increase reach of your page is boost an already well performing piece of content
- Quora will give you traffic even two years down the line
1:15 PM: Praanesh B, CEO – Qoruz goes Live
The Holy Grail of Influencer Marketing
- From number of followers to brands will ask questions like who are the followers and how will the influencer impact my earned media value
- Brands focus on infleuncer first and then on good content
1:45 PM: Rohan Mehta – CEO at Social Kinnect
Mehta speaks on Digital creative and media buying, the power couple
- We need to be more open about measureability and RoI
1:50 PM Apurva Chamaria, Vice President and Head of Corporate Marketing at HCL Technologies
- Your LinkedIn profile has to be consumer centric
- ABC of Social Selling – “Always be connected”
- Make sure your company name is mentioned across all your platforms!
- It is not enough to broadcast content
- You have to be consistent and responsive
2.30 PM: Rahul Vengalil, CEO & Founder at Whatclicks
Rahul speaks on Optimizing the ROI on Social Media Marketing
- Have a unified view of all your social media activities
- Try to find matrices that matter to you
- If you’re objective is CRM, the number of queries you get will be one of your metrics
- Give smaller nuggets of information or incentives to your consumers, because they are your communication and will help you engage with them
- A Pinterest and an Instagram cannot do what a YouTube or Google can do for RoI
- The amplification is more important that creating the content!
3:00 PM: Jessie Paul – CEO at Paul Writer goes live
Paul is speaking on Do’s and Don’ts for #TheSocialCMO
- “Have a structure, try to mobilize the entire organisation”
3:30 PM: Malhar Barai – Head of Marketing, HiTech Vertical at Tech Mahindra
Barai speaks on Best AI Practices for Content Marketing
- Biggest myth about content marketing is that it is the silver bullet that will lead your campaign
4:15 PM: Namita Koshy – AVP, Ogilvy One Worldwide goes Live
Namita speaks on Building a relevant Brand on Social Media
- The iconic brand era leveraging social media hasn’t arrived, we’re at the cusp, but will be there soon
- Please invest/identify in brand custodians, the person needs to know everything about it!
- Like individuals, brands have problems too!
- Focus on the blueprinting phase
5PM: Brijesh Jacob – Jt MD – 22feet Tribal Worldwide goes Live
Brijesh is speaking on Storytelling in the Digital Age
- There is a great opportunity in story-telling provided you figure out what type of story you want
5: 45 PM Team Filter Copy goes Live
Team Filter Copy shares their views on Branded Content: The Right Balance between Creativity and Brand Placements.
This marks the culmination of the first leg of #SMLive! Thanks for making this a memorable conference.