Impact of Chennai's IPL wins have been felt on Twitter. Fans have taken to Twitter to celebrate Chennai's impressive start to the season, making it the most talked about team in the first week of IPL.
Defending champions Chennai Super Kings have been in fine form on the field. They've played three matches and come out on top in all of them.
Most mentioned teams: (23 March - 31 April, 2019)
- Chennai Super Kings - @ChennaiIPL
- Mumbai Indians - @mipaltan
- Royal Challengers Bangalore - @RCBTweets
CSK's skipper MS Dhoni has led the conversation on Twitter, not just for his captaincy but also for his batting. His unbeaten 75 off 46 balls vs Rajasthan Royals, ensured the fans rallied around him on Twitter.
Most mentioned players:
Another proof of CSK's dominance on Twitter is the fact that their fans have been loudest on the platform. #WhistlePodu was the top trending hashtag through the first week of the IPL.
Top trended hashtags:
While Chennai have dominated a bulk of the conversation, the controversial no ball that impacted RCB negatively was the most talked about moment. That being said, Chennai still did make it to the top three of this list.
Most Tweeted about moments:
- The last ball finish and no-ball controversy when Mumbai Indians beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 6 runs #RCBvMI
- 100s for Bairstow and Warner #SRHvMI
- Match winning innings of 75 runs from 46 balls by Thala M.S.Dhoni #CSKvRR when Chennai Super Kings won by 8 runs
Most Tweeted about matches: