Instagram has introduced an option to promote influencers’ branded posts as feed ads. Find out how to use Instagram Branded Content Ads
As the tide of branded posts and collaborations between influencers and brands is getting higher by the minute, Instagram is introducing more tools and abilities for the brands and influencers involved. According to statistics provided by Instagram, 68% of people say they come to Instagram to interact with creators.
The platform says the ability to incorporate branded posts into advertising strategies was one of the biggest requests from brands.
“We’ve long seen that customers want to discover fashion through trusted sources who have credibility, but organic reach on that content has become increasingly limited. So we’re consistently looking for more sophisticated ways like Branded Content ads to serve partner content to the right shoppers, instead of just throwing it into the social ether. Promoting content directly from an influencer’s handle inherently gives the post more authenticity than coming from a brand handle, and we’re seeing significantly higher engagement rates using this strategy” said, LIAT WEINGARTEN, VP OF BRAND COMMUNICATIONS, OLD NAVY”
How to use influencers’ posts as ads for your Instagram Strategy
1.The first step to promote branded posts is to give the influencers’ permission to tag your business in their branded content posts.
2. Go to your advertiser profile within the Instagram app and select the options wheel above the “edit profile” button and select “Business Settings”
3. If the “Require Approvals” is toggled on you can see “Approved Accounts” (if the “Require Approvals” is off, no further steps are needed)
4. Select “Approved Accounts” and add the creator’s Instagram handle that you will be partnering with
5. Select “Done”
When a creator makes a branded content post on their Instagram Feed and tags your business, they can opt to Allow Business Partner to Promote. This will give you permission to promote the influencers’ organic branded content feed post as an ad.
When creating an ad from a branded content post on Instagram, you can use either the Reach, Brand Awareness Objective (BAO), Video Views, Traffic or Engagement objective.
Once the creator has tagged your business in a branded content post and given permission to promote it, follow these steps:
1.Go to Ads Manager and create an ad
2. Pick one of these objectives for your Branded Content ad: Reach, Brand Awareness Objective (BAO), Video Views, Engagement, Traffic
3. Continue creating your ad: At the Audience step set your targeting and at the Placements step select Instagram Feed
4. At the Ad level, your Branded Content will appear in the Use Existing Post section. Click into the Use Existing Post section then click on Select Post/Change Post in the Creative section. (Note: During initial setup, the Change Post will appear as Select Post.)
5. In the Select Post window navigate to the Branded Content tab and click. You’ll see the list of the branded content posts that a creator has given you permission to promote. Choose the branded content post that you want to promote on Instagram.
6. You’ll see a preview of your ad. If everything looks good, finish creating your ad and click Confirm.
Facebook would review your ad and notify you whether it’s approved or not. The ad would then appear in the Instagram feeds of the audience you’ve chosen.
Branded content ads for feed will be available to all advertisers in the coming weeks and for stories over the coming months.