Baby Care products in India include skincare, haircare, baby food, toiletries (diapers & wipes), apparels, footwear, toys, baby convenience & safety products. Any product that promises to meet the demand for taking care of an infant, generally between 0-4 years of age, falls under baby care industry. Indian baby care market is expected to grow at an annual rate of over 17% in terms of revenue during 2014-2019 to reach over $31 billion from $ 14 billion. (Source: Technavio Report)
Johnson & Johnson Consumer across the world works with the vision of “Bringing science to the art of healthy living”. In India, the company touches the lives of consumers through businesses spanning baby care, women’s health, beauty, oral & wound care and over-the-counter-products.
For over 125 years, Johnson & Johnson has helped people in their journey of parenthood. In the internet age, they wanted to be the trusted voice for new generation of parents. With this in mind, the brand launched a dedicated channel called Best for Baby on YouTube in 2014, with the purpose of contemporising wisdom for Millennial Parents.
Also Read: Case Study: How Indigo Paints leveraged ambassador MS Dhoni to stand out amidst World Cup clutter
While Johnson & Johnson Baby had built a 125-year legacy, they wanted to have meaningful and relevant conversations with the millennial parents of today who spent the majority of their time on digital platforms
With the purpose of contemporising wisdom for millennial parents, the brand created a one-stop platform called Best for Baby on You Tube
Challenges: Most of the information available on the internet was complex, lacked human connection and an overload for consumption. Johnson & Johnson Baby created simple, meaningful and engaging content that could be easily consumed by any parent backed by expert advice.
- The brand started by creating videos that answered the basic questions new parents often searched for- New-born Essentials, Breast Feeding Advice, How to Videos etc. This was followed by creating new segments that helped parents discover something new-Baby Arrival traditions, Baby Daily Routine etc. Every month, the brand created new videos and series that would enrich the parenting journey.
- Johnson & Johnson Baby partnered with many experts (doctors), celebrities like Esha Deol, Lisa Ray, Neil Nitin Mukesh, etc, bloggers that helped content reach more people.
- These videos were promoted on YouTube and distributed via emailers to our channel subscribers and mommy communities on Facebook, WhatsApp and other online forums (Like Momspresso, Baby Destination, Baby Chakra, FMC-First Moms Club)
- Since started in 2014 Best for Baby has over time become the No.1 subscribed branded channel in the baby care industry in India with over 1,75,000 subscribers (& growing)
- Johnson & Johnson Baby has created 241 videos with lifetime views of 284,803,060 views and a view-through rate of 76% compared to the industry average of 31.21%.
- Today Best for Baby continues in being the trusted platform towards making parenting a richer experience.
Kaizad Pardiwalla, President & Chief Operating Officer, The 120 Media Collective
Johnson’s Baby has been a pioneer in driving content marketing. With their commitment to content and Sooperfly’s expertise at conceptualization, execution and optimization of content focussed to deliver measurable performance we have managed to make Best for Baby the No.1 subscribed brand channel in the baby care industry in India.