Indigo Paints World Cup Case Study showcases how the brand leveraged brand ambassador, Mahendra Singh Dhoni to create conversations around the cricket tournament.
With #IndigoBleedsBlue and #ShadesOfDhoni the brand attempted to create conversations around the world cup, leveraging their brand ambassador to the core. Detailed Indigo Paints World Cup Case Study below.
Category: Decorative Paints Manufacturer
Indigo Paints is an Indian paint company headquartered in Pune, India. It is involved in the business of manufacturing, distributing and selling a range of decorative paints, coatings, wood and metal finishes, colorants and stainers. MS Dhoni is the Brand Ambassador for Indigo Paints.
Indigo Paints leveraged ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 to support the Indian team and Mahendra Singh Dhoni with its #IndigoBleedsBlue campaign. Keeping Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the epicenter of the campaign, the brand launched a series of activities on social media platforms such as quiz, contests, etc.
- To increase the brand’s presence on social media platforms through conversations on trending topics.
- To create more engagement with their audience.
- To show Indigo Paints’ support towards team India and their brand ambassador – MS Dhoni.
Indigo Paints showcased MS Dhoni’s cricketing journey on the social media pages. It was then published with engaging content and the call-to-action results.
A live contest was also planned by the brand for more engagement especially with the fans and followers of MS Dhoni. To leverage the occasion of MS Dhoni’s 38th birthday, Indigo Paints planned a special video for the Indigo Paint’s Instagram page.
- Indigo Paints created a video on MS Dhoni and his journey. The video was uploaded on Indigo Paint’s IGTV.
- MS Dhoni’s achievements and the world record he created, was highlighted on the pages.
- Indigo Paints also conducted a contest to engage with more audience especially fans and followers of MS Dhoni. The contest was executed on Twitter and Facebook, wherein whenever MS Dhoni hit a 4/6 or showcased his stumping skills, the audience needed to tweet to the brand. The contest winners were given MS Dhoni signed merchandise.
- Using Instagram’s quiz option on Instagram Stories, the brand conducted several contests when India was playing.
- During every match, they conducted a poll and trivia quiz on Instagram stories to engage with the audience.
- The India Vs Pakistan match was also leveraged with a trivia contest on Instagram stories.
- Several image-based activities were also lined-up such as ‘Find Zebro’ where the audience needed to look for Zebro from the post, take a screenshot and DM to Indigo Paints.
- During MS Dhoni’s Birthday, a video was created, celebrating the number 38 as he turned 38-years-old.
- Interesting posts on match-related banter between MS Dhoni and Zebro (Indigo’s mascot) were also created to showcase some fun moments.
- The brand was able to increase the engagement on the social media pages with active interaction with the audience.
- Indigo Paints received 26899, 180 and 298 new followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter respectively.
- On Twitter, the brand received 700 Retweets, 1363 likes and 3058 media views on World Cup-related posts. The total impression totaled at 104274.
- The maximum likes were generated on MS Dhoni’s birthday tweet i.e. 460.
- On Facebook, Indigo Paints received 7789 likes, 834 comments and 520 shares on WC 2019 related posts.
- Instagram likes were 6640 with 113 comments, 32 Instagram stories, and 1 IGTC video.
|Total Video Views||18648|