To launch their new men's range, NovAge, Oriflame India decided to reach out to and influence women who would, in turn, influence their men.
Oriflame India launched its first-ever men's range of products with NovAge Men's range. The case study explores how the brand leveraged influencers and digital leaders to reach the masses.
Beauty & Personal Care Products Market size is anticipated to reach USD 716.6 billion by 2025. The demand for the beauty and personal care products market is expected to increase owing to the rising aging population and growing consciousness to maintain youthful skin and a good appearance. Global Beauty and Personal Care Products Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period (2019 - 2024).
Oriflame a Swedish beauty brand that has over 50+ experience in beauty & wellness, selling direct in more than 60 countries. The marketing objective of Oriflame India revolves around establishing a different view on beauty, by supporting that beauty is not only how you look, but how you live, feel and act.
Men these days are open to the concept of skincare. Some of them are actively taking care of their skin but most of them still don’t know the finer nuances and know-how of the accurate skincare routine.
Oriflame leveraged the opportunity appropriately by dividing the approach in 3 steps:
- Devising strategy and communication for launch by appropriate category analysis.
- Speaking to 20 men belonging to the TG.
- Scanning social media and ecosystem culture to understand the conversations around men grooming.
To launch Oriflame’s first-ever men’s product range.
To launch the NovAge Men’s range as a daily grooming routine, which is a 4-step, clinically proven, face care routine engineered especially for men’s unique face skin.
The idea was to get women to influence their men. To execute this strategy, the brand leveraged its existing consumers on social media as well as the consultants, to influence and convince their men to start using the NovAge Men’s range.
The key aspects included
- To get women to recommend the NovAge Men Routine to the men in their lives - brother, father, boyfriend or husband.
- To educate men on how it is important to take care of their skin.
- To show women the critical state of a man’s lack of understanding skincare.
- To educate Men about the importance of following a skincare routine daily
- To make sure that NovAge men range is the go-to product for men grooming
The thought behind the teaser was to make women think about what their men needs. Maybe new NovAge Men Routine!
Women know how much hard-work their men put in. She knows his strengths and his weaknesses. Oriflame crafted quotes that a woman will relate to.
The brand launched a series of engaging posts including video posts on social platforms.
Every week, women consultants/consumers were told how NovAge Men can be a part of their partner's life and the change it can bring to them. Influencers and digital leaders were utilized to drive this idea further.
20 Questions with MD
Brand's MD was also put on the hot seat as a game was played to discover his knowledge of skincare and how he balances his personal and professional life.
Oriflame collaborated with men influencers to show how men were clueless when it came to skincare. They each threw up skin-related questions to other men to capture their knowledge. Influencers went on the streets of Delhi & Goa to find out what men think of men’s grooming and personal care.
Digital Leaders putting their word forward for Novage Men
- 12.5M impressions
- 6.6M reach with an increase in the male audience
- 3.3% average engagement
- 19.3% average engagement
- 1M impressions
- 6L audience reached with an increase in male followers
- NovAge Men is the highest-selling NovAge product range.