Snapchat unveils Dynamic Travel Ads to all advertisers to help them reach a key audience who are keen to explore new places.
As part of their continued investment in their performance solutions, this is the first category expansion outside of eCommerce within the current Dynamic Ads offering by Snapchat, which will specifically serve hotels, airlines, tours, and online travel agencies (OTAs).
It’s been a challenging few years with travel restrictions and stay-at-home orders but travel-related searches are on the rise again. In fact, 76% of Snapchatters in the US are making plans to have returned to their pre-pandemic behaviours.
A GlobalWebIndex study also shows that Snapchatters are more likely to travel than users of other platforms, millennials and Gen-Z are leading this push. Research conducted showed that these Snapchatters are 37% more likely to book travel after seeing an advertisement. And to bridge the gap between these Snapchatters and their travel plans, Snapchat has introduced Dynamic Travel Ads to all advertisers to help them reach a key audience keen to explore new places.
This builds on a foundation of Location features that have been core to the Snapchat consumer experience:
- Location Data – Snapchat captures Snapchatter visits to over 30M unique places (locations of interest) in the world.
- Snap Map – Snap Map now reaches over 200 Mn Snapchatters every month. More than 70% of Snapchatters use the Map because they like to see where their best friends are and what they are doing, and nearly 60% say that the Snap Map helps them find their best friends when they are out and about. In addition, nearly 8 in 10 Snapchatters say that the Snap Map is more personalized than other applications.
- Places – Snapchat has added over 49 Mn places to the Snap Map, which features Stories, hours, reviews, and delivery options for local businesses.
Key Benefits of Dynamic Travel Ads
- Advanced audience targeting based on Snapchatter’s travel intent and backed by local relevance.
- Locally-relevant campaign delivery to serve hotels, airlines, destinations, and tours based on popularity, leveraging Snapchat’s rich visitation data.
- Customized Catalog setup that’s built to meet the needs of travel advertisers, with relevant product feed attributes that are specific to these businesses.
Additionally, Snapchat is continuing to improve its offering for all Dynamic Ads clients through ‘Location Aware’ Catalogs. Where it allows advertisers to include latitude/longitude in their catalogues, so whether they are a Retailer, Auto Dealership, Hotel Chain, or Food Delivery service, their message or offer will be tailored to wherever their customer is around the world.
The general availability of Dynamic Travel Ads allows all advertisers to create an engaging, personalized shopping experience on Snapchat, with real outcomes for your business.