Twitter offers its annual premium subscription for Twitter Blue, which elevates quality conversations at $84.
Twitter announces subscription annual plan for Twitter Blue service. The service will feature a discounted ‘verified’ blue tick mark. Users can subscribe to the service for an annual fee of $84, as opposed to $8 for web users and $11 for iOS.
Until now, Twitter used the blue checkmark to indicate active, notable, and authentic accounts of public interest that Twitter had independently verified based on certain requirements. Now the blue checkmark may mean two different things: either that an account was verified under the previous verification criteria (active and authentic), or that the account has an active subscription to Twitter Blue.
The microblogging platform is also piloting a new service called Twitter Verification for Organizations, which is a service for business entities on Twitter that adds a gold checkmark to official business accounts.
Twitter Blue features
Twitter Blue includes a number of features to improve user experience on the platform, including:
- Bookmark folders: Bookmark Folders let Twitter Blue subscribers group and organize Bookmarked Tweets into folders for faster discovery later. Twitter Blue allows users an unlimited number of bookmarks and Bookmark folders which are always private.
- Custom app icons: With Custom App icons, users can change how their Twitter App icon displays on their phone. Check settings regularly for new featured looks available for a limited time.
- Themes: Twitter Blue Themes allows users to choose from colorful options for their app theme.
- Custom navigation: This feature allows users to choose what appears in their navigation bar, so they get quick access to the content and Twitter destinations they care about most.
- Top Articles: Top Articles is a shortcut to the most-shared articles in your network. This feature automatically lists the most-shared articles from people you follow—and people they follow, too—so you can easily find the type of content you want to read.
- Reader: Turn long threads into a more beautiful reading experience.
- Undo Tweet: Undo Tweet gives you the option to retract a Tweet after you send it, but before it’s visible to others on Twitter. It’s not an edit* button, but a chance to preview and revise your Tweet before it’s posted for the world to see. Once the Undo period is over, the Tweet is viewable to your followers and you can either leave it or delete it, like you normally would on Twitter.
- Prioritized rankings in conversations: This feature prioritizes your replies on Tweets that users can interact with.
- Longer video upload: Share more content with your followers. Twitter Blue subscribers can upload videos up to ~60 minutes long up to 2GB file size (1080p) (web only). Learn more here.
The service is presently only available in a few countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. However, Twitter will soon make the services available to the rest of the world.