As social media has become an increasingly important channel for for two-way communication, as marketeers slowly realise the potential of social media, there’s one question that seems to be on every marketer’s mind: How can we measure the impact of our social media efforts?
Yes, quantifying the effectiveness of social media is certainly a challenge, but it’s not impossible!Facebook being the social network preferred by most businesses, when planning and implementing their social media marketing strategy, brands are looking to boost engagement on their Facebook Pages. They are still learning the most effective tactics to apply when participating and engaging on Facebook.
ODigMa unveiled a study which shares statistics to make Facebook pages more effective.
It has studied the Facebook pages of over 400 brands for the several months and arrived at statistics which can make the Facebook page for a brand more effective.
The key findings of the study indicate the kind of engagement on a brand’s Facebook page to ensure campaign effectiveness.
- Surprisingly weekdays are the best to get likes on your page
- Maximum: 6-7:30 PM on weekdays
- Minimum Likes between: 9AM – 11 AM
- Even for shares 3:30-5 PM on weekdays is when one sees maximum traction
- Minimum Shares between: 2 PM – 4 PM
- Pictures clearly speak louder than words. A post with a photo gets twice the number of Likes as compared to a text post; and about 8 times more as compared to a post which is just a link
- But, here is the clincher, a text post gets more Comments (about 1.5 times more) as compared to a post with pictures
- Weekends are the best to have Interactions with users. Thursday is the worst day
- Ensure that your posts have less than 20 characters, to get maximum Likes
- Ensure that your posts have more than 400 characters to get maximum Shares
Here is a report on the study: